PDA

View Full Version : Computing Power

SeanAdams
05-14-2005, 03:21 PM
Hi there,

As a thought - the World Community Grid is looking for a new project to commit their technology to - surely the DHE project would be a fantastic candidate?

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/projects_showcase/submit_a_proposal.html

From looking at the stats, they have a significant user base, and the technology they use is based on UD's agent (it appears), which is pretty slick and idiot-proof to install and run, so it looks like something that this project could well benefit from partnering with!

Cheers
Sean

HitchHiker
05-16-2005, 06:41 PM
Looks good, but: Windows only, so nothing there for me.

michaelgarvie
05-16-2005, 07:38 PM
Hi Sean,

Nice work spotting this out. I have no problem with dhep being submitted to them.

:cheers: Miguel

SeanAdams
05-17-2005, 07:43 AM
Hey Miguel,

That's fantastic (that you'd be willing to submit this as a project) - I reckon that it would be possible to do this in a way that doesn't isolate the existing Java users (often non-windows-platform) but would still leverage the power of the WCG's platform.

Good luck with the application, and let us know what WCG's response is - it would be great to see your research getting this fantastic platform on which to begin making a difference to the world!

Cheers Miguel
Sean

SeanAdams
06-22-2005, 05:37 AM
So, Miguel, what is the status of your applying to WCG to get this project running on their platform?

Any updates?

Cheers
Sean