PDA

View Full Version : Howard, you leaving?

Scott Jensen
05-31-2002, 06:39 AM
[FYI: For those that don't know, Howard is part of the DF staff and goes by the handle "Brian the Fist" on this forum.]

Howard,

Since you're a grad student, are you going to leave this project once you graduate? If so, how long until you think you'll get your thesis done?

Hate to see you go. You're one of the great things about this project and especially this forum ... even though not long ago you said you'd be reducing your involvement due to your thesis and such. Thank goodness that hasn't happened yet. Your project is currently receiving warm praises in other dc forums for being attentive, receptive to new ideas, and communicative ... which means this project is attracting more and more crunchers. And I think a large amount of that credit goes to your active involvement here in this forum.

So what's the scoop, Howard? You leaving when you graduate or is Dr. Hogue offering you a full-time position after you do? If you're staying, I'd recommend holding out for a big fat salary, an Asian babe secretary, a parking spot with your name on it, free mint ice cream every Thursday, and, of course, that I be brought in as a full-time marketer or it's a no-deal. ;)

Brian the Fist
05-31-2002, 11:02 AM
I cannot speculate about my future just yet but rest assured that whether I am here or not, you will receive the same level of 'service' as you have been until now. I'll mention to Chris your suggestion in that last paragraph :cheers: