PDA

View Full Version : New Macs = The Suck?

CaptainMooseInc
06-10-2005, 05:12 PM
So, I have been reading everywhere about the New Macs that will have Intel chips. News.com has a crapload of articles pouring in over them.

One of the more recent ones have said that programmers are PISSED because some of the applications have been written to ride that IBM PowerPC architecture like a mad bull and get every drop of performance out of it. Now they will have to shift gears to Intel.

Now I know everyone has said on these forums that Macs are a BEAST when it comes to ANYTHING math-related. So much better than AMD or Intel even. So, does this mean that the DC projects written for Macs (few as they are) are going to have to be re-written and the performance is going to drop and maybe even match that of Windows based Intel's???

Also, does this mean that Macintosh's long stand against user-upgrading is going to drop now? I figure with Macintosh moving to a standard in chip format will mean more hardware is going to work on it. Does this mean I might be able to go out and buy individual parts and build a PC then run out and buy Mac OS X and throw it on there???

Even better, dual booting OSes. Maybe a system that I can boot either Windows or Mac at my choosing and just have two seperate hard drives for different file formats!?!?!

YAY!!! Please, let's discuss!!!

-Jeff