PDA

View Full Version : eOn

em99010pepe
06-14-2005, 05:59 PM
For those who want to crunch eOn under Free-DC Gauntleteers nick please use the following email:

freedc@open-dc.org

All units will stay with Free-DC and Free-DC Gauntleteers.

Carlos

PS( I am not the leader of Free-DC Gauntleteers)

em99010pepe
06-15-2005, 08:13 AM
So who wants to join?

Right now I have two machines: Intel 400Mhz and AMD 64 3000+.

Carlos

Mustard
06-15-2005, 10:39 AM
Hey Carlos,

I'll put a couple boxes on it for the time being.

Bok
06-15-2005, 10:47 AM
I've got one on for the gauntleteers :)

Bok

rsbriggs
06-15-2005, 10:55 AM
Go Go Gauntleteers!

You're in the EON stats new at 31, and should stomp Helix_Von_Smelix in about an hour. :thumbs: :elephant:

em99010pepe
06-15-2005, 11:00 AM
Thank you guys. We are flying............

At the end the winner is the project.

Carlos

rjkc4
06-15-2005, 02:10 PM
I donated a "BigDog"......

I will have one PC online tonight running also.

Kevin

em99010pepe
06-15-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by rjkc4
I donated a "BigDog"......

I will have one PC online tonight running also.

Kevin

I was about to ask who merged the account into Free-DC Gauntleteers one.
I'm going to see if I can bring a few friends to crunch for us.

Thanks. Let's rock and roll and :stomp: rsbriggs.

Carlos

rsbriggs
06-15-2005, 03:16 PM
Stomp away :)

em99010pepe
06-15-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by rsbriggs
Stomp away :)

Did you install linux?

Carlos

rsbriggs
06-15-2005, 03:29 PM
I have a dual booting machine with both linux and windows installed on it, so I can benchmark the performance under both OSes using identical hardware.

I'll be starting that test tonight. Today was going to be my first test day, but I still have a rogue machine somewhere that keeps outputting a few work units every hour. Once I have that tracked down and eliminated, I'll be starting my tests....

So, if you really want to stomp me - you have about a week to get a running start... :D After that, well, it might get just a little harder when I fire things back up. :moto:

Oh - and good job on getting that sub-team organized! I'll be expecting to see the gauntleteers showing up more often. You should make sure you add it as a user to the DCR stats Bok just did - the more the merrier !!

em99010pepe
06-15-2005, 04:25 PM
I have a dual booting machine with both linux and windows installed on it, so I can benchmark the performance under both OSes using identical hardware.

Which linux distribution is running on that machine? What's the best one for my
AMD 64 3000+?

I'll be starting that test tonight. Today was going to be my first test day, but I still have a rogue machine somewhere that keeps outputting a few work units every hour. Once I have that tracked down and eliminated, I'll be starting my tests....
So, if you really want to stomp me - you have about a week to get a running start... :D After that, well, it might get just a little harder when I fire things back up. :moto:

I'm not worried. I'm having so much fun right now. I don't have a farm like you. I only own three machines not 15! Just let me finish my degree and start working that you will see my output increase. Here you can buy a full system without the monitor for $300.

Oh - and good job on getting that sub-team organized! I'll be expecting to see the gauntleteers showing up more often. You should make sure you add it as a user to the DCR stats Bok just did - the more the merrier !!

Just doing my job. But seriously, I like the concept of sub-team.

Carlos

black_civic55
06-15-2005, 04:28 PM
I'm not sure if I'm thrilled with the subteam idea. I think i'd rather we change our own usernames and add FDCG at the end of it or something. I'd like to keep my own points for my own showing but also show that im a gauntleteer.

Get what I'm saying?

em99010pepe
06-15-2005, 04:31 PM
Yes, of course.
The sub-team is more an european concept. Look at DPC.

Carlos

em99010pepe
06-19-2005, 11:11 AM
Download page:

http://eon.cm.utexas.edu/download.php

Linux/Mac Users:

1. Download, unzip and untar the client: tar -zxf eon_client.tar.gz.

2. Enter the directory eon_client. Here you can set your username by "./setuser.pl emailaddress" so that your statistics can be recorded.

3. Run the client program by typing ./client >& outfile & or if you don't want to ever look at the output, you can replace outfile with /dev/null.

4. Check to see if the client is running with top or ps. Note the process id number, PID, and if you want the client to run at a minimum priority, type renice 19 pid where pid is the process id number of the client.

The script eon.sh (http://eon.cm.utexas.edu/download/eon.sh) is a shell script which will submit a given number of eon client jobs. It will only submit these job if the jobs are not running so the script can be used as a cron job. Make sure to set the parameters at the start of the script to set the path in which you have installed the client, and the number of clients to run on the machines (in the case of multiprocessor machines).

-Xp-
06-20-2005, 01:44 AM
I'm in!