PDA

View Full Version : strange server trouble

graeme
06-30-2005, 02:10 AM
There seems to be some new server issues which have shown up yesterday and today. I don't know what's going on yet, but the sympoms are that the server hangs without crashing for long periods of time. Sometimes it recovers. I'll let you know when I learn more about it.

graeme
06-30-2005, 04:26 AM
My best guess is a memory problem. Things could be a little up and down while we solve this. If replacing the memory fixes things, it could be up again tomorrow.

AMDave
06-30-2005, 07:06 AM
Thanks for the update graeme.

Oddly, it has not affected the client stability.
No ZZZZ or connection failures on this end.

The client is still downloading tasks, but it does not seem to be able to resolve them.

The image range and HSize changes, but the client keeps returning the "Prefactor out of range" message and then defers to the "Bad Pref"

Here is some output:

Dimer DoAssignment
Dimer: Start
Image Done: U: 4.58819 FC: 2597
Dimer: Done
HSize: 1518
Prefactor out of range
Bad Pref
[FIDA] Reporting Results
[FIDA] Connecting to Server
Dimer UndoAssignment
[FIDA] Work Unit Completed
[FIDA] Requesting Assignment
[FIDA] Connecting to Server

I'll leave a couple of clients on and come back in 24/48 hrs.

black_civic55
06-30-2005, 08:13 AM
I'm getting all ZZZs though

PY 222
06-30-2005, 02:55 PM
OH NO!!!!!!!!

Wasted CPU cycles. Oh No!

/me starts to shake.

Can someone please give me an ETA on when the server will be up? The 4th of July weeeknd is coming up and I don't want to be stuck with a bunch of ZZZZ on my crunchers!

Thor
06-30-2005, 03:44 PM
These ZZZ are funny, on the one hand they make me:swear: :bang:

on the other :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:

:rotfl:

Oh well, just fired up FAD untiel EON is back...

Thor:cool:

graeme
07-07-2005, 03:57 PM
We're back. New memory just went into the server and things seem to be running fine. Sorry about the delay, and thanks for you patience. In future we will have twice the memory which will also allow for some redundancy.