PDA

View Full Version : How many folded per CASP5 protein?

Scott Jensen
06-02-2002, 09:34 PM
I see that again the thermometer is set for a billion so which of the following is true:

1) We'll do a billion on this one protein then switch to another protein and do a billion on it and then move onto other proteins in like fashion. There's a enough proteins in CASP5 that doing a billion on each will take us to August when CASP5 concludes.

2) Since there's so few proteins in CASP5 that we'll be using the dc approach on, there's really no limit on how many work units we'll take, but the thermometer needed some number to give a percentage and we just kept it at a billion. It will go to two billion when it reaches a billion.

3) Sort of #2, but we're going to partition things off every billion for our own review along the lines of what we've done with the previous proteins. Perhaps even have the clients receive an upgrade version at the billion marks and then see how the changes produce results in comparison to the old client version(s) that had been working on the protein.

4) Sorry that's classified information. I can tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

Brian the Fist
06-03-2002, 10:22 AM
Id say a combo of #2 and #4. :jester:

Basically we will switch proteins when a new CASP target arrives that requires DF to work on (i.e. too hard to do another way) and when we feel we have sampled teh present one sufficiently. If no new CASP target has arrived by the time we reach 1 billion, we will keep working on this one until one does appear. Either way, we'll give a few days notice like I said before any changes so everyone can 'prepare'.