PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of hot...

rsbriggs
07-05-2005, 04:12 PM
I lost two processors over the weekend, probably due to the heat - an AMD 2900+ and an Athlon64 3400+.

I'm going to have to mark things as "Won't receive new work" and start shutting things down once the jobs finish until the weather cools off for a while. A/C unit in the computer room just isn't able to cope...

LAURENU2
07-05-2005, 04:29 PM
Ya tell me about it I have replaced 6 HD's and 2 CPU's over the last 30 days from the heat :fireboun:

But good thing the fall is comming up next :fireboun:

rsbriggs
07-05-2005, 04:41 PM
Unfortunately, I won't have much of a farm left in the fall to bring back up if things keep up at this rate.... The cost of the electricity is bad enough - but replacing processors makes it way too expensive to continue on. My poor little A/C unit can't deal with the 10,000 or so watts of little space heaters running in the room...

Temp in computer room is now over 110 degress F, and two more computers are down. Going to have to start shuttning things down once I get home, I guess. This isn't any good....

MrTRS
07-06-2005, 10:50 AM
I have had my extra boxes shut down starting in May. Today is the 24th
day of temps over 100 F. I wont start them back up till my B-day in September.

Later,
Ray:flame:

jasong
07-06-2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by MrTRS
I have had my extra boxes shut down starting in May. Today is the 24th
day of temps over 100 F. I wont start them back up till my B-day in September.

Later,
Ray:flame:
I don't have the same problem you guys have, I only have two computers at the moment, about 3GHz worth of Athlons, although I came to the wonderful discovery that one was overclocked at the factory before I got it, and still is. Not sure if that was intentional or not, but I'm happy. The room is warm, but it might simply be because of where in the house it's located. My dad intends to install an air-conditioner in here as soon as the new windows are installed, so that'll be good. Going to set it at 72 degrees Fahrenheit.