PDA

View Full Version : Benchmarking thread

jasong
07-07-2005, 05:39 PM
I gave this topic an obviously generic title. If specific benchmarking utilities take off(in their own topics) I give permission to put the links to the threads and/or utilities before this message, but please make note of which is which.

Okay, now that I've taken care of potential housekeeping(I'm always disappointed when these types of messages just die off without a satisfactory resolution):

I need a benchmarking program I can run. Either free or, if the free ones suck sufficiently, a sub-$10 download.

I want it to ask for a minimum of information. Unless knowing the type of RAM, cpu. etc. helps with the benchmark(finding the info could be a problem) I want it just to tell me how good or bad my stuff is. I'm hoping to test pretty much everything, and I'm hoping I can get some Free-DCers to weigh in on how good, or bad, everything is from looking at the numbers. Especially when it comes to our different projects.

I'm hoping to have something to download and run within the next 3hrs20min.(That's the hopeful deadline).

Thanks