PDA

View Full Version : guru?

FoBoT
06-06-2002, 12:00 PM
hey, i noticed you dropped RC5 production, i'm just wondering what project you moved your firepower over to

if you'll be gone a loooong time, i would be willing to move some Ghz to RC5 to start catching up to you ;)

guru
06-10-2002, 04:34 AM
Well After getting my last power bill ($220) I decided I had to cut costs. I stopped all distributed computing at home and reduced my fleet to just a couple low powered systems.

At work there is a office move coming soon so I stopped all production there until after everything settles. It's been 3 years since I started Distributing computing and this is the longest I've gone without any production. I haven't had much time to keep up on the forum but I'm on IRC every couple days. Usually after dinner time at work or after midnight.

guru

IronBits
06-11-2002, 10:20 PM
Well, I hear you're back with a vengence! :scared:

:cheers: Welcome back.
I hope you will consider running it thru our proxy server so I can keep an eye on both you and FoBot! :moon:
http://www.dbestern.com/rc5stats/byemail.html :D
I can't believe you let FoBoT think he was going to stay ahead of you like that ! :jester:

IronBits
06-13-2002, 10:31 AM
:scared: yikes, guru is just pouring it on!
Ever think of running ECCp ? ;)

guru
06-13-2002, 02:41 PM
I'm only running a couple systems right now.

Last time I compiled the ECCp client on my sun system it was slower then the rc5 client. I'll compile the ECCp client on my sparcs again and see how slow it is.

guru