PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for Boinc stats.

PCZ
08-29-2005, 03:51 PM
Bok

You currently gather stats for around 8 boinc projects.

Would it be possible in addition to the individual project stats you currently have for boinc, to add a combined stat.

Boinc seems to encorauage cross project participation and one may drop off in one project but pick up a lot in others.

BTW

Pirates is no more and should really be retired.

Bok
08-29-2005, 04:29 PM
Is it just a combination of scores?

One problem with this is that the userids are not unique across projects, so I'm not sure how I'd do it except using the id's people put in on their aliases.

I've got some code to do all users/teams for boinc projects from DP, though it needs changes to make it fit within myframework, I'm tinkering with it..perhaps that will help.

Bok

PCZ
08-29-2005, 05:19 PM
Bok

Agree Using the cpid's would be tricky, that isn't what i was proposing though.

Just the userids that folks have already entered into the DCR should do.
Could you could add up the totals of the boinc projects folks already have entered ID's for and make a daily score / overall score.

Helix_Von_Smelix
08-29-2005, 05:31 PM
Not all BOINC projects give out the same scores for work done, so it is not a true showing of effort.

:cheers:

and.....have you seen the time required for the "new" CPDN WU's. Used to take 540hours, now it's 2700:shocked: :shocked:

Bok
08-29-2005, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by PCZ
Bok

Agree Using the cpid's would be tricky, that isn't what i was proposing though.

Just the userids that folks have already entered into the DCR should do.
Could you could add up the totals of the boinc projects folks already have entered ID's for and make a daily score / overall score.

yup, easy enough, where are you proposing it to be displayed ?

On users.php and in signature ?

Bok

PCZ
08-29-2005, 06:03 PM
On users.php and in signature ?

I guess so.

PCZ
08-29-2005, 06:11 PM
The new CPDN WU's. Sulphur i believe have silly deadlines.
They have a reason for wanting the data by FEB 2006 though.
You do get trickles though, so there are regular points coming in.

Agreed that some projects seem to give more credit than others for the same effort.
But it all averages out in the end.

Besides, what projects you are currently doing can depend a lot not on your personal choice but rather on availability.

For example
If you choose only to do SETI you wouldn't have got much done this week.

Darkness Productions
08-29-2005, 07:24 PM
Bok -

Each account gets a cpid that begins to coalesce when you run more than one project on the machine. In other words, a cpid can 'change'. This is how boincstats.com does it...