PDA

View Full Version : We are climbing upwards!

Mustard
08-30-2005, 01:36 PM
We are moving higher! In regards to average credit we are on the first page displayed on top teams. Now if we can just get the total credit score up then we'll make the first page for that too. :)

PCZ
08-30-2005, 01:55 PM
Boinc went into shortest deadline first and done a lot of SZTAKI a few days ago and now it has a large LTD.

Hopefully my clients will decide to allow SZTAKI to resume work soon.

Bok
08-30-2005, 02:06 PM
Hmm,

tiem to throw a boxen or two back on this proj ?

Bok

Mustard
08-30-2005, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by PCZ
Boinc went into shortest deadline first and done a lot of SZTAKI a few days ago and now it has a large LTD.

Hopefully my clients will decide to allow SZTAKI to resume work soon.

I'm done with seti. They dink around and dink around. Put alpha software out as production.... I tried getting a few uploads in, but everything is just bottlenecked and wastes system time. Another reason why I'm not into the big homogenous boinc intertwined project garbage. Gonna be a lot of people losing a lot of seti points over this latest fiasco.

If the seti software was from any institution but the one that has built most of the unix code out there, I'd understand a little more. But due to all the years of BSD, this seti crap has just totally trashed my previously good impression of the coders at Berkeley.

Maybe ten years from now, seti might actually work worth a sh*t. Meanwhile I'll just keep on crunching some SZTAKI instead.

Mustard
08-30-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Bok
Hmm,

tiem to throw a boxen or two back on this proj ?

Bok

The more the merrier! :) Actually it is a good time to get on this one since it isn't very old. We could do pretty good in the placement listing for the project. Others (such as seti) have been going for too long and we wouldn't stand much of a chance of ever getting anywhere due to the head start some of the larger teams have on us. With this one we have a good fighting chance. :)

Combustion
08-30-2005, 04:08 PM
Free-DC should be first in at least one of the BOINC projects. We got an opportunity here.

2005. augusztus 30.
Good news for our international users that the translation of the webpages has begun. The pages will transform dinamically from now on.

CC

PCZ
08-30-2005, 04:53 PM
Lexx

Go for it :D

BTW

I hope you guys have compiled your own nix clients with all the go faster bits enabled.

Angus
08-31-2005, 01:53 AM
What is the deal with this project?

I have one WU and no other projects attached, and it says I'm overcommitted!

PCZ
08-31-2005, 03:52 AM
Angus

What is your setting for attach to network approx every x days.

If this is quite long it might well be that the work units deadline will expire before your next connection.

That would cause the error you describe.

Angus
08-31-2005, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by PCZ
Angus

What is your setting for attach to network approx every x days.

If this is quite long it might well be that the work units deadline will expire before your next connection.

That would cause the error you describe.

I started at 6 or 7 days, and kept dropping it - got down to only 2 or 3 days before it would DL anything..

Why do all these projects (Einstein, SZTAKI, and now LHC also) insist on these stupid short deadlines?

Mustard
09-01-2005, 09:45 AM
This morning Free-DC has moved into the #2 spot for average daily credit, and #11 for total credit. So we are outproducing all but one team (BOINC Synergy) in daily output. It will take a little more time to determine whether we can catch the #1 team for total points.

So if you have a system or two or three, etc., :) and can help, we could possibly get into the #1 position on this project

PCZ
09-01-2005, 11:46 AM
The project seems to be operating very well.

You don't wait a long time for credit to be granted and there appears to be plenty of work.
The web site is very snappy , viewing jobs and pending credit is very quick.

Lets hope it stays that way :D

Mustard
09-01-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Angus
I started at 6 or 7 days, and kept dropping it - got down to only 2 or 3 days before it would DL anything..

Why do all these projects (Einstein, SZTAKI, and now LHC also) insist on these stupid short deadlines?

This one seems to be running fine with no hickups. I've got mine set for 0.5 days. As PCZ mentioned above, credit is granted pretty fast, unlike several other boinc projects.

Putting in very many days in this project is more disruptive to the credit granting. If there is some reason why you can't run like 0.5 days for contacting, then maybe you should look at the Cimate Prediction project as those are long running work units where you don't have to worry about the computer running out of work.

PCZ
09-02-2005, 10:31 PM
We are doing well :)

Should make 4th place over the weekend and 3rd early next week.

stats (http://szdg.lpds.sztaki.hu/szdg/top_teams.php)

Bok
09-03-2005, 12:46 PM
Upped my BOINC priority for Sztaki, so it's getting the bulk now. 3rd this weekend I think now :) Perhaps even late today!

Bok

Combustion
09-03-2005, 01:18 PM
I'm in!

CC

PCZ
09-03-2005, 02:52 PM
So what do we do about BS.

They must think there sitting pretty in the top spot.

Anyone else want to come to the party ?

Mustard
09-03-2005, 03:59 PM
Yep, it sure would be nice to rock their donut holders a little bit! :jester:

It's a good place to have a bit of a race, and at the same time help a project move down the road a little! :)

black_civic55
09-03-2005, 05:13 PM
ill throw 2 computers on

Mustard
09-03-2005, 06:13 PM
Cool!!!!! :)

PCZ
09-04-2005, 05:21 AM
Come on folks we are only outnumbered 8 to 1 against a team with a big head start so it's not like it will be difficult or anything. :jester:

Bok
09-04-2005, 08:22 AM
It's never stopped us in the past :)

Bok

llama009
09-04-2005, 06:08 PM
Theres a first time for everything mate.
Sztaki is pretty interesting stuff though. I don't understand most of it (I know they are doing 11 dimentional equations though), but still the more the merrier (unless they are locked in a broom closet when someone releases some uh..methane). After all, its not just about credits....right :P

llama009
note:this is not an intentional trolling. But every story has two or more sides :p

Mustard
09-04-2005, 06:24 PM
Sounds like a troll to me........................... after all, if it talks like a troll, sounds like a troll, and trolls like a troll ----- it must be a troll :Pokes:

:rotfl:

Besides, there aren't two sides to everything.................. we all know the earth is flat!!! :cheers:

llama009
09-05-2005, 02:15 AM
Even flat things need two sides.

Unless its a klein bottle. :)
But they are 4 dimensional so they aren't really flat.
They only have 1 side though. But they aren't a story.

Nah seriously though. Not trolling, just spying...blending in....just like I'm blending in to KWSN. Soon I alone will control the world. That is..when I get 11 metric tonnes of anti-matter (at the one time, in the one place).

llama009

edit: By the way, if you're going to poke me with something, mars bars are preferable

black_civic55
09-05-2005, 10:22 AM
hey bok could you add the teams ahead of us to our stats page?

Beatminister
09-05-2005, 10:33 AM
http://www.beatministerium.de/Smilies/smilie_all.gif
We are part of the spy exchange program http://www.beatministerium.de/Smilies/costumed-smiley-064.gif

Mustard
09-05-2005, 10:48 AM
Jeesh.............. They don't like to be poked.......... they believe in exchanging spies..........

They must be sweating us out!!!! They must be *AFRAID* of us!

We need the world class *BarbMaster* aka IB here to apply his deadly form of wit and anti-humility that he used so successfully when DPC tried to brainwash us in their overblown and much ballyhoo'd smear tactic of recent future past in the great FAD war.

Who are these people? Friend or enemas?

Until we know, maybe we should humor them and *pretend* we are afraind of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA

:bs:

Combustion
09-05-2005, 11:26 AM
http://www.boincsynergy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3142

CC

Beatminister
09-05-2005, 11:33 AM
http://www.beatministerium.de/Smilies/Peace.gif
Have no fear, we come in peace! All we need to be afraid of, is running out of WUs...

llama009
09-06-2005, 01:57 AM
Yep, peace is good.

llama009

LichtJF
09-06-2005, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Lexx
This morning Free-DC has moved into the #2 spot for average daily credit, and #11 for total credit. So we are outproducing all but one team (BOINC Synergy) in daily output. It will take a little more time to determine whether we can catch the #1 team for total points.

Not involved with this project but cheers for both Free-DC and BOINC Synergy as I am a member of both teams!

Nice to have two strong teams duking it out over the number one spot.

Also, great to have two fellow teammates joining the Free-DC message boards.

Welcome Guys!!

Mustard
09-06-2005, 09:38 AM
Well this morning we are in #2 for both total credit and average. And we are crowding in pretty close now towards the #1 in average.... :)

Bok
09-06-2005, 09:49 AM
:woot:

black_civic55
09-06-2005, 09:57 AM
come on lets get some more machines!!! I want to see us surpass them! Maybe a call to the gauntleteers?

LichtJF
09-06-2005, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by black_civic55
come on lets get some more machines!!! I want to see us surpass them! Maybe a call to the gauntleteers?

And for the uninitiated, what is so pecial about the gauntleteers expanding on this of course?

We are a group of individuals who will answer to the need of falling teams!!

We help projects on Free-DC move up in the ranks or hold off some of the threats.

ALL ARE WELCOME! :cheers:

PS: just a rough BS of an intro, anyone wants to draft a good one feel free. Did this for the time being.

black_civic55
09-06-2005, 05:49 PM
well since the main goal of them hasnt really worked out so well considering we are at the top of almost every project then why not call on them to help overtake a certain team??

llama009
09-06-2005, 11:23 PM
well since the main goal of them hasnt really worked out so well considering we are at the top of almost every project then why not call on them to help overtake a certain team??

Thats a good idea, now how to convince them to help synergy......

llama009