PDA

View Full Version : Lost account

Mustard
09-08-2005, 10:37 AM
In looking at the stats, I am still there.............. and still have a score. But when trying to log in with my key I get the "we have no account with xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" and thus no login. Not only that, but my clients cannot connect to get work.

If I create another account, then that works. What the **** ????????

Seems as I read about account dropping in another thread. So this sorta really ticks me off. Can't get into my account with the points....................

:bang:

Angus
09-10-2005, 12:03 PM
Lexx -

Got the project admin's attention over there...

Link to SZTAKI forum thread (http://szdg.lpds.sztaki.hu/szdg/forum_thread.php?id=77)

Maybe you and he can get this figured out.

Mustard
09-10-2005, 01:56 PM
The computers can contact the servers again..................... ??????? I have no idea at all, what the problem could be. I did nothing to start them working again.

Their site does have issues with this though as there are other that it happened too.

I did go to the link above and post a reply message in the sztaki forum regarding the "2" Lexx accounts. the unvalidated one is to an email address that I cannot get the spam detection turned off as the ISP flat will not allow it. The sztaki system admins should invalidate unvalidated accounts after 24 or 48 hours. Evidently they are not doing this.

So I've got 9 systems now crunching on the sztaki Lexx account in question here. I've got my computer room going through a major "cleaning" evolution, rerouting wiring now, all just to keep my wife happy and try to appease her so I can keep crunching a little. sigh

So anyway, will keep an eye on this and hopefully the crunched units will start showing up again.

Mustard
09-10-2005, 02:03 PM
I wonder if I should change the name on the *validated* Lexx account, to Peggy_Sue or something other than Lexx. LOL Har har har Maybe that would unconfuse their servers???????

:rotfl:

Angus
09-10-2005, 02:35 PM
Ah - glad to hear things have started working again. :thumbs: I hate that kind of 'mysterious' glitch.

re: the Peggy_Sue thing - maybe it wouldn't be wise to tempt fate that way... no telling what that translates to in Hungarian :jester:

Crunch ON!

If Bok gets on a little bit more, we'll have 4 of the top 5 RAC places at Free-DC :|party|:

Mustard
09-10-2005, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Angus

re: the Peggy_Sue thing - maybe it wouldn't be wise to tempt fate that way... no telling what that translates to in Hungarian :jester:

Crunch ON!

Awwwww... come on............. you're just jealous cause you didn't think of Peggy_Sue first!!!

:Pokes:

Angus
09-10-2005, 03:00 PM
OK - tell me it's a coincidence that you posted on the SZTAKI forum as 'rimrock' and Boink Synergy has a new cruncher with that account name.....
:spank:

Mustard
09-10-2005, 03:32 PM
I post over there as Lexx if you read the thread following the sztaki conversation and another forum or two.

Edit: But you do bring up a point here. I crunch seti on BBR as Latah. I crunch under USD as Brucifer, also do some stuff here as Brucifer. Also did some stuff here on eon here as Atvar. I've done crunching for TeAm Anandtech on DF and Lifemapper as Brucifer. And I'm not alone. Lots of people here do stuff with lots of other places. Quite a few of the old seti crowd have and still do move around a lot as they have accumulated many good friends over the years.

Free-DC came along meaning that people are free to do what they want. What the team gets from them is a gift of crunching time. Their equipment and their money to do with as they see fit.

No, I'm not rimrock, but a young member of my extended family is, and if you are an admin and can look at email addresses accounts are registered under, then you'll see that both my account here and the rimrock account are under the same domain name but different mail accounts for the same reason... trying to get a sztaki account when the verizon system won't allow account holders here to drop the spam guard stuff.

Angus
09-10-2005, 03:53 PM
That's totally cool.

I fully understand the Free-DC thing. I wasn't really trying to come down on you about it, just keeping track of the competition :)

Bruce

Mustard
09-10-2005, 04:09 PM
Well keep track if you can. Boinc Synergy is growing fast. Whether or not they hang on to those members is a horse of a different color. If you read the stuff there they are having their growing pains, as there appears to be a bit of a turf war over what projects some of the members there want to push. The point is though that they are picking up some serious BOINC membership.

Unfortunately we aren't doing the same here. We are more of a non-Boinc team. Some of it is changing here, but it is slow going. Sztaki is one of the few truly stable boinc projects that so far seems to have kept up with the work demand. Sure can't say that for seti, though in fairness there isn't any comparison at all in the size of the seti project as compared to sztaki.

They (BS) have a group of members that want to push hard on einstein, which is also one of the stable boinc efforts. It's downer though is that those units take a while to crunch. Sztaki ones roll over pretty fast. Time will tell how their members fare in what the team priority will be, if they ever have one. I don't know for sure, but FDC has to be heavier into the farmers than BS is, but they do have some. But none the less, I sure wish FDC could attract the ex-seti moving to boinc crowd like BS is.

Like it or not, boinc is here to stay.

PCZ
09-10-2005, 04:46 PM
I agree all the new projects coming along are boinc.
The existing stand alone projects will one by one go over to boinc or die.

I am not at all happy with this situation but it is happening and we have to make the most of it.

boinc sucks we all know that but only if we are activily participating can we influence the way it evolves.

Hopefully when F@H goes over to boinc there will be a lot of folks who won't tolerate the Seti centric bullshit that is currently blighting boinc.

Mustard
09-10-2005, 06:32 PM
yep! I think that the only reason I don't mind crunching sztaki is because it works. Seems like lately that every time one crunches a few seti units that the servers have an outtage, and you can't upload or download. A real crock! At least sztaki runs. And also the xtremlab project runs for linux. Unfortunately though they don't show any credit granted for that stuff yet. I've got quite a bit of time on that too. But who knows whether or not they will last for real.

Seems like more and more often I just get to feeling like chucking it cause the overal quality of the projects seems to be going down hill.

Chuck
09-11-2005, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by PCZ
boinc sucks we all know that but only if we are activily participating can we influence the way it evolves.

Hopefully when F@H goes over to boinc there will be a lot of folks who won't tolerate the Seti centric bullshit that is currently blighting boinc.

100% agreement here on that one!!!!!! :rock:

Unfortunately, it is SSL that is writing it..... except for the Mac version
which someone did for them. That sucker hauls and works... in spite of
the architecture and libraries they 'cobbled' together....

Hmmm.. :confused: is that where 'Cobblestones' came from??

Mustard
09-13-2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Angus
Lexx -

Got the project admin's attention over there...

Link to SZTAKI forum thread (http://szdg.lpds.sztaki.hu/szdg/forum_thread.php?id=77)

Maybe you and he can get this figured out.

I sent him an email, no reply. I entered the info also on the sztaki forum, but nothing yet. ??????? So much for "attention".

Angus
09-13-2005, 03:36 PM
I thought things were working again..... :confused:

You're producing bunches of work.

Mustard
09-13-2005, 04:26 PM
Oh ya, things are working for the *verified* Lexx account. There is also an unverified account that I was trying to get the admin there to forwrd me an email with the key for the unverified account. but I haven't heard from him. So there is still the unverified Lexx account. I wanted him to email it to the address it was registered under. Then I could change the info and maybe stop the intermittant thing if that is what is messing with it. ??

meanwhile, I just keep crunching. :)