PDA

View Full Version : HPUX and proxy server

DumDeDum
06-07-2002, 06:27 PM
I can't upload my data with HPUX behind a firewall. I have everything set up and I have the right proxy server put in. I can download data and even web browse with lynx/netscape. But the program returns a "NO RESPONSE FROM SERVER" and can't upload. I've downloaded the windows text version and saved the .exe file in the same directory. This time it uploads just fine. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

Brian the Fist
06-07-2002, 06:37 PM
How can you run the Windows version on your HP-UX?
Can I see exactly what you entered in your proxy.cfg file on the HP box? What version of the OS do you have and what hardware is it running on?

DumDeDum
06-08-2002, 12:21 AM
I am using samba to link my hpux workstation and my pc. (Basically file sharing). Both are behind the firewall, so I don't think there's any IP specific things. The proxy.cfg that both programs were referencing to has:

web-proxy....rest of ip....

The windows side is using Windows NT 4.0 SP? I believe it is 4 or 5. It is running on a PII 450 MHz.

The HPUX side is running on a PA-RISC processor (350?MHz) with HPUX 11.0. Is there anything else I can tell you to help with the problem?

Thanks

Brian the Fist
06-08-2002, 11:44 PM
Are you sharing (with samba) any of the Distributed Folding files? It must not be shared. Each CPU must have its own dedicated copy of the software in a unique directory.

DumDeDum
06-10-2002, 12:33 PM
I'm not using the shared folder to run the program. Just to upload. Besides, I didn't download the windows version until after I couldn't get the program to upload. Any ideas yet?

Brian the Fist
06-10-2002, 09:02 PM
Nope, not yet. Is there an error.log file on the HP machine with any error messages in it? If not, are you able to run a port sniffer on the HP on port 80 and send me the output of that? Then I could see exactly what is going on.

DumDeDum
06-11-2002, 12:15 PM
The error log only has the date, and the rest is just blank. The only other thing I can tell you is I keep getting the message:

You seem to be experiencing network problems, or may be using an invalid handle. Please correct and try again.

I have too much network traffic to make a port sniffer useful, and isn't it supposed to go through port 8088, not 80, because I'm using a proxy server? If you come up with any ideas, please update the program.

Thanks.

Brian the Fist
06-11-2002, 01:07 PM
Yes, sorry, you would sniff whatever port you are proxying. Just set the sniffer to only show packets going to 206.248.62.6 (our server) and coming from that IP. I cannot fix it otherwise as It worked fine on our HP (without a proxy server though).