Thread: Boinc Ogr

Boinc Ogr

Does BOINC OGR sync up with regular OGR?

If it doesn't, that would be a good feature to add. Even if it was a week late, for instance, and only synced up on a certain day.

In that case, OGR would behave like a lot of people's paychecks, lol.

What?

BOINC OGR (Yoyo) is d.net's OGR. The BOINC OGR project just submits completed stubs to d.net under one username. It is more of a wrapper than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha
    What?

BOINC OGR (Yoyo) is d.net's OGR. The BOINC OGR project just submits completed stubs to d.net under one username. It is more of a wrapper than anything else.
    You misunderstand. I mean if a person wants to compete in OGR, do they have to choose between BOINC OGR and distributed.net OGR. Because if the BOINC OGR points don't carry over to the teams set up with distributed.net OGR, not even in a delayed fashion, then there are a lot of people who will think BOINC OGR is a worthless piece of doggy doo.

There may even be people that demand that the BOINC username not be represented in distributed.net stats, since it would neither be a team, nor a username that people specifically decided to crunch under. Sounds to me as if switching to BOINC automatically puts you on "Team BOINC" with no choice in the matter.

As I said before, each stub you crunch using the BOINC interface gets submitted by the project under a single username. You can't choose it, and you can't get the stats distributed under your own username.

distributed.net's stats for the yoyo@home wrapper

I suppose people do it because that want to BOINC-ize OGR for convenience, or because they want to show up in yoyo@home's own stats (yes, they track per-user/team stats of their own).

Quote Originally Posted by jasong
    You misunderstand. I mean if a person wants to compete in OGR, do they have to choose between BOINC OGR and distributed.net OGR. Because if the BOINC OGR points don't carry over to the teams set up with distributed.net OGR, not even in a delayed fashion, then there are a lot of people who will think BOINC OGR is a worthless piece of doggy doo.

There may even be people that demand that the BOINC username not be represented in distributed.net stats, since it would neither be a team, nor a username that people specifically decided to crunch under. Sounds to me as if switching to BOINC automatically puts you on "Team BOINC" with no choice in the matter.
    It's a problem that yoyo asked in his forum about, he likes a solution, but I think it's not really possible to send a bunch of OGR results back from one server tagged with different names each, at least no-one showed up with a solution. So we all crunch for the team and member yoyo@home_wrapper (team with one member), and get our stats at the usual BOINC stats pages for yoyo. It's not good for the veteran OGR-crunchers, but fine with me OGR-n00b.

Everyone who wants his own name and team in dnet stats can still use dnet's client. yoyo@home's main goal was to catch the Boinc community for OGR. For those who crunch for yoyo@home the stats and teams are at yoyo@home available. I have the impression, that the Boinc crunchers also like to see in dnet stats which power Boinc has in total.
    yoyo

Thanks to a race between Alliance Francophone and SETI.Germany @yoyo the combined efforts of the BOINCies are now in consistent pole position

The BOINC team is on #35, the sole member at #25.