Thread: FAO All

FAO All

For those pulling OGR-24 stubs from my proxy, stibnite is pulling the majority of them for the "team" proxy, so if/when you have time please return to the "team" proxy (proxy.dp.cx) to continue running OGR-24. Foe those with hard to get to machines there will hopefully still be enough on my proxy to last several days. Thanks to all for the support thus far, your contributions to the effort have been invaluable. At this point it is looking as though we may hit the top 40, not bad considering our size and the short length of time we have been running this project.

Crunch On.
    -:Beyond:-

Beyond - pproxy is up, stats are down

Originally posted by IronBits
    Beyond - pproxy is up, stats are down

It is with regret (and anger ) that must report that the stats server has died along with an XP 2400 workstation, last night. Both victums of bad capacitors. That makes 8 machines down in the last 5-6 weeks with the bad capacitor problem + 1 P4 mobo that I never did find out why it died. So I'm down about 15-16GHz since last spring. All but the P4 were K7S5A's....

I will try to get a board for the server tomorrow, but TBH I can not afford to replace the others at this time, in fact it may be some time before I get back to full speed again.

SOB! with your luck, who needs enemies?
    Reallly sorry to hear that Beyond

Any chance you have the packages and code so I can install it over here on dbestern.net? (Mandrake 9.1)
    I'll even give you access to the box so you can install it if you like

Originally posted by IronBits
    SOB! with your luck, who needs enemies?
    Reallly sorry to hear that Beyond

Any chance you have the packages and code so I can install it over here on dbestern.net? (Mandrake 9.1)
    I'll even give you access to the box so you can install it if you like
    Lost another one (XP 1700 on a K7S5A again) Looks like after 14-16 months running 24/7 the capacitors start crapping out. Only 4 more of these boards left in the pharm. Lesson learned, do not buy cheap mobo's to get the best bang for the buck, it will only comeback to haunt you later!

For the moment I've moved the hdd with the stats, ect... to a different machine and it is up and running. (for now )

The only good news in all this is I've been informed that the Quad Xeon I was hoping to get will be here this evening or Monday at the latest. It will be the "New" stats server.

IB, thanks for the offer, but if all goes well in the next few days things will be looking up for the stats.
    Last edited by Beyond; 08-23-2003 at 01:42 PM.

Up one place to 19th !