Thread: Help me understand P-1 factoring

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Help me understand P-1 factoring

I've been doing alot of thinking about how best to choose B1 and B2s and I don't think the software is doing it in the most efficient manner. I was hopping someone who knows a good deal about the software and how it chooses the most appropriate bounds could speak with me through IM and perhaps answer a few of my questions. Perhaps i might have a few ideas about how to make it more efficient. I'm not an expert with computers by any means and i have next to no programming experience. I'm also not an expert in number theory but i am a fast learner. I do have a little bit of experience with statistics and this i believe is the best way to work out this problem. By this i mean i am taking a statistics course and have been trying to apply it to what I'm seeing here and some things don't add up. All i need to know is how the bounds are chosen now to decide if there are any ways in which i could help. I will probably have more questions after each answer so i thought this could go alot faster through a direct communication with an expert in the program. If this can be done please someone send me a message with an AIM name and i will watch for you to be online and ofcourse I promise not to be a pest and any time you're available to speak with me is fine. If no one wants to speak directly but could offer some insight into my questions so far I'd love to see some replys.

Thankyou very much

Kroberts5
    Last edited by Keroberts1; 12-12-2005 at 02:48 AM.