Thread: Forum and Blog posting legal issue You NEED to know

Forum and Blog posting legal issue You NEED to know

As seen on /.

http://news.com.com/Create+an+e-anno...3-6022491.html

A word to the wise. Unless/until this is changed..watch what you say. As we all know, there are plenty of people who would be happy to cause you great grief about posts.
    Agent Smith was right!: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."

If you live in the US that is... That sucks for all you guys.

I totally agree with the legislation.

Blog Entries
    I would be surpised if anything ever went to court. Proving "intent to annoy" seems to be about as diffult as libel or slander suits.

irc.aknarra.net #lobby
    irc.free-dc.org #free-dc

I found that news article VERY annoying.

Now where's that Duncan & Rainwater number so I can sue?

Free-DC's Prime Search
    I stopped reading when I saw the words "President Bush".

Carlos

I stopped reading when I saw the words "American Civil Liberties Union". These guys make a living being annoying!

Ken

That has to be one of the stupidest laws and a totally sneaky and underhand ways of passing legislation I`ve ever heard about. Those Representatives should be impeached.
    No wonder Bush is being ridiculed around the world.
    And I`m glad I never moved to the US and arn`t subject to some of the stupidest politicians in the world.
    Like an ol` 8086, slow but serviceable.
    One advantage of old age...nobody can tell you how much cake you can eat

Blog Entries
    Ok I am going to report all of you for annoying me
    And I am sorry if I have been annoying to anyone
    Lauren

Quote Originally Posted by Shish
    That has to be one of the stupidest laws and a totally sneaky and underhand ways of passing legislation I`ve ever heard about. Those Representatives should be impeached.
    No wonder Bush is being ridiculed around the world.
    And I`m glad I never moved to the US and arn`t subject to some of the stupidest politicians in the world.
    We make up for it with '2 jags Prescott' though Shish!
    ff/.png"> ff/.png">
    As long as there is a chance of the world getting through its troubles, I hold that a reasonable man must behave as though he were sure of it. If at the end your cheerfulness was not justified, at any rate you will have been cheerful.
    H.G. Wells (1866-1946)

Well, he`s still annoyed that the country chose a "modernised, new labour mish mash that nobody can now distinguish from the rest of the parties". He wanted to go back to the union run bad ol` days with 30% inflation and mortgages at 15%.Just as well the country didn`t agree with him and they picked Blair instead.
    But we don`t have this "adding a separate bill which has no relation to what is being proposed" way of making laws and the Lords still have a way of standing on their hind legs if they don`t think something is right.
    However, if you`ll forgive me for staying on the political theme, and feel free to delete this post if it`s not OK, as a representative of a large disabled group, I am disappointed that Blair has chosen only to make a name for himself in history and has lost touch with real people in the process of leaving his legacy.
    It looks like he`s making the mistake (after already making the mistake of telling everybody he was leaving office) of trying to bulldoze his ideas and philosophy through his party and government and is now losing support because of that, not because his ideas are bad, just the implementation is poor and he doesn`t follow things up.
    Anyway, he`s now upset a "significant" group of, normally, quiet backbenchers and probably some of his cabinet as well.

I appologise for going somewhat off topic to all the other people not involved in the UK scene and admit to a personal involvement (non partisan) in some political issues on behalf of a group of disabled people.

I`m also back on the drugs after my hospital stay has been postponed so I can also now go have a drink of some very special wine some nice person came all the way from France to deliver and maybe calm down a bit. Not that I`m aeriated much nowadays, I leave the "boiling blood" to the younger members
    Like an ol` 8086, slow but serviceable.
    One advantage of old age...nobody can tell you how much cake you can eat

Blog Entries
    I leave the "boiling blood" to the younger me
    LIKE me and I have to live here

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    Shish Im with ya on that.. Im gonna Vote Tory next time - no wait I can't I still want G Brown in there somewhere (Oh bother it - that's the trouble when you've kinda got an alright local MP). Blair needs to very politly tell the PC bridage to "Foxtrot Oscar" just like he should tell "Le Worm".... (sorry if this is off topic too) hey I'm not annoying anyone - my real name is somewhere on this system... etc. etc..
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..