Quote Originally Posted by engracio View Post
Normal way meaning letting it run stage 1 and 2 which on my older xeon 2.8 means about 9+ hour per wu. Trash the residue. Tried to lower the memory allocation per Prime95 from 840mb to 720mb did not noticed much if any difference. Probably need to change it when it is running stage 2. Ok will let it go for now. I should not expect much factors at this level, correct?
Quote Originally Posted by engracio View Post
Joe,

When you created the worktodo for P1 you used B1=130000 B2=2200000 as the bounds. Is that the general consensus on what the bounds should be at this level? I've always used sieve depth and factor value. It's just a tad higher when I was factoring around 13.5m. Just wondering?

Also being it has been a while since I factored, I do not remember getting the residues from the factored wu. Now as it completes it leaves a residue. What do we do with it? Throw it on the trash bin? Thanks.

e
e
It sounds like you were using much higher B1 and B2 before. What exactly were you using? These numbers were the minimum that I calculated would find factors. Did I drop a decimal point?