Thread: GPU Computing - Wired article

GPU Computing - Wired article

Agent Smith was right!: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."

Yep, very interesting. It was interesting that nvida would return calls for comments... Harnessing the GPU is gonna happen, and the manufaturers that respond to initiatives for harnessing the power will be the ones that sell the gpu's. So that's why I'm a little surprised that nvida is staying mum. ATI on the other hand is liable to be the one that really benefits as their gpu is the main one being tried and programmed. And with ati being under the wing now of amd, you can bet your bottom dollar that sales and market share are going to be prime drivers.

I'd like to see IBM doing something on the public side with the cell processors.

edit: but in retrospect, IBM probably won't do anything public cause their marketing has never got the hang of dealing with the public. There went microchannel, OS/2, PowerPC chip, and probably the cell also.