Thread: Definitely one of the more frustrating projects

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries

Definitely one of the more frustrating projects

It seems to have taken an age for me to get close to 100K on this project. Much slower than others for some reason. I'm @94K on my home page with about a couple of K left in buffers and 6K pending, so switching to the next project to get to 100K

Anyone else doing this kind of push to get to a certain level in each project ? Be it 10K, 50K, 100K or whatever ?

Bok

aiming for 10 million in CPDN

and yes spinhenge does have a low score per WU

Joined this one late. In fact, it seems that, as of now, only Moogie, JasonG and I are active. However, it is rather appealing, scientifically, so I'm going to run it for a while.

I've found a trick that helps. Every now and then, depending on how many clients & machines you have active, a task will get hung up, but YOU WON'T KNOW IT! There doesn't seem to be an effective detection mechanism other than looking at the status screen at regular intervals. The key that a task is hung is that the sum of the CPU Time and the Time To Completion is way more than the Average Run Time. The Average is listed for all WU's that haven't started yet.

When you see this condition, you can safely Abort that task and let it move on to the next. You've wasted some time, but saved yourself from wasting a lot more.

Cheers!
    Paratima
    HOME: A physical construct for keeping rain off your computers.

...AND, I've currently got four 3.0GHz CPU's on this and I'm getting about 2 of the above-mentioned errors daily. Back to
    HOME: A physical construct for keeping rain off your computers.