Thread: New Stats Graphing Feedback

Question New Stats Graphing Feedback

I've begun making the next round of changes to the stats system. Tonight, I added several enhancements to the 'Potential Threats' and 'Upcoming Conquests' tables in the detailed stats pages for individual users. I've also enabled the new graphing system.

I really like the new ones much better. I've made the font sizes bigger, added some background lines, made them slightly 3d in nature, and changes colors (some using varying amounts of transparency). I've also switched from a combination of line & bar graphs to area graphs.

Now, I know that I like them better, but does everyone else? If anyone has comments or complaints about the new graphs, now is the time to speak up since I'm going to be making all the new graphs similar in nature to these. This doesn't mean they'll all be area graphs, but most of the other attributes will be similar.

Here's a look at the new style showing Iron Bits' and Darkness Production's respective production:

Awesome, those looks heaps beter than the bars in my opinion

I think they rock! Awesome job Dyyy.

So app/util are you using to generate the graphs?

Jeff.

Once again you have proved you are the Stats Massa

Alpha_7

Hey, looks great!

I like these much better!!

Definetly like the new graph style. just looks that much better.

Stats God in Training Darkness Productions's Avatar
    That's prolly perl using GD::Graph of some sort. At least thats what it looks like to me

Originally posted by Digital Parasite
    I think they rock! Awesome job Dyyy.

So app/util are you using to generate the graphs?

Jeff.

Damn!

:shocked:
    Agent Smith was right!: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."

And i thought the old graphing stuff was awesome... way to go!

I do have one slight suggestion: when i click on a username in the conquests or threats, don't make it a popup. I either have to re-enable them, or, if i had left them enabled, i tend to immediately close things that popup (usually ads, as we all known well). One way to do this is the put a target="nameofwholewindow" in the a tags.

the new graphs are great!!

not sure if the conquests part works well though. It doesnt seem to be very accurate. Like it says I am gaining on someone by 100k a day, but the stats show me gaining by 400k a day.

Still great stats and stuff though! Thanks!

Jetta Conquests can be down by daily output or weekly, so thats why you could be seeing a variation.

ahhh yeah your right! sorry about that If I check the weekly production, the info is right, thats what I get for adding two boxen then rushing to see the info

Stats God in Training Darkness Productions's Avatar
    This isn't about the graphs, but about one of the new features. On the conquests/threats section, if I click the daily production, then select non-team members, it returns to weekly production numbers. Is this by design, or just a minor slipup?

BTW, it also does this when changing the number of records to show.

Originally posted by Darkness Productions
    This isn't about the graphs, but about one of the new features. On the conquests/threats section, if I click the daily production, then select non-team members, it returns to weekly production numbers. Is this by design, or just a minor slipup?

BTW, it also does this when changing the number of records to show.
    It was a bug in the system. It's been fixed. Thanks for catching that, DP!

Originally posted by Jetta
    ahhh yeah your right! sorry about that If I check the weekly production, the info is right, thats what I get for adding two boxen then rushing to see the info
    Adding boxen and then wanting to see their effect a little quicker is *precisely* why I added the option to calculate by daily production in addition to the default weekly option.

Originally posted by shifted
    And i thought the old graphing stuff was awesome... way to go!

I do have one slight suggestion: when i click on a username in the conquests or threats, don't make it a popup. I either have to re-enable them, or, if i had left them enabled, i tend to immediately close things that popup (usually ads, as we all known well). One way to do this is the put a target="nameofwholewindow" in the a tags.
    I can make them replace the current window easily enough, but when I'm perusing them, I usually like to keep the detailed page open so I can go from one to another. That's why I decided to go with popups.

However, I'm keeping a list of small things like this that I'm going to offer as options in a control panel. These options will be saved as a cookie on your machine when you click the 'Save Settings' button. This will allow you to further tailor the pages to what works best for you.

Originally posted by Dyyryath
    I can make them replace the current window easily enough, but when I'm perusing them, I usually like to keep the detailed page open so I can go from one to another. That's why I decided to go with popups.

However, I'm keeping a list of small things like this that I'm going to offer as options in a control panel. These options will be saved as a cookie on your machine when you click the 'Save Settings' button. This will allow you to further tailor the pages to what works best for you.
    Awesome!

Release All Zigs!
    All your stats are belong to Dyyryath?
    The SETI TechDesk
    http://egroups.com/group/SETI_techdesk
    ~Your source for astronomy news and resources~

Originally posted by runestar½
    All your stats are belong to Dyyryath?
    He set us up the new graph engine!
    Engage!

Originally posted by wirthi
    He set us up the new graph engine!
    For great justice!

Release All Zigs!
    You have no chance to survive make your time.
    The SETI TechDesk
    http://egroups.com/group/SETI_techdesk
    ~Your source for astronomy news and resources~

Originally posted by runestar½
    You have no chance to survive make your time.
    Take off every 'zig'