Thread: Blindsided by mother, check sent from my account without permission

Blindsided by mother, check sent from my account without permission

What do you do when someone does something evil and feels no guilt?

My mother showed me a paper from the SSI office that said I owed $308 dollars, and if I didn't write back they were going to take it out of my check, $60.90 a month. I thought nothing of this, fine, $60.90 a month. I mentioned it to my mom tonight, and for some reason she is very annoyed. I press her for a promise that she won't write the full check and she goes into her usual thing of, when you are annoying I get a headache. Finally, she admitted that she sent out the full check, which causes me to go off the handle(and, for once, I feel like an apology is undeserved). So, now, the money which I would've had access to according to my formula and spending rules, is no longer accessible because it would take my account down to $250-$300, which I consider unacceptable if avoidable.

Now, instead of having access to $200 according to my rules, I have access to almost nothing. Considering the fact that a major purchase I was about to make has now been delayed from the middle of next month until at least the middle of September(because of my mother), you can understand my frustration.

Okay, I have ranted, and you know what? It hasn't done a darn thing for me.

Edit: I ranted so much at my mother, I woke my father up. He said I could have the $308 from him, and I'd pay it back $60.90 a month. I hope he doesn't change his mind during the night.

My mother still hasn't shown a bit of remorse.

Jasong i see right and wrong in this.

Paying what you owe is a good thing.
    Mom did right there.

That your mother has access to your money bad.

Why do you allow this ?

Quote Originally Posted by PCZ
    Jasong i see right and wrong in this.

Paying what you owe is a good thing.
    Mom did right there.

That your mother has access to your money bad.

Why do you allow this ?
    The reason she has access to my account is that when I first started receiving my government check, I was mentally unstable enough that, even though they let me out of the hospital, they didn't think my decision-making skills were trustworthy.

To be perfectly honest, I don't know what would happen if I tried to regain control of the money.

Edit: I asked, and it turns out everyone on my form of government check has a payee, in case their mental condition deteriorates to the point they can't be trusted with the money. Considering the mental state I've experienced in the past, I decided I'm willing to deal with it. Besides, as long as I'm on this type of check, I don't have a choice.
    Last edited by jasong; 07-31-2006 at 06:18 PM.

Supreme Grand High Overlord Nexus's Avatar
    Jasong,

I think you are entirely in the right.