I've been running my WRT54GL (flashed with DD-WRT sp1) for years without problems, and then a bizarre power outage/surge/something happened last night. Most of my hardware survived/rebooted unscathathed (although mt radioactive@home sensor needed some help) but ...

The router works fine. The hardware is fine. PSU voltage fine, routing, DHCP, DNS, everything works perfectly. Except the wireless connection doesn't work. No SSID broadcast, gives 100% TX errors

Yes, yes, I hear you shouting that the hardware is borked. BUT creating a virtual network works perfectly. Even 2 virtual networks work. SSID, no TX/RX errors. Same hardware!

Tried everything I can think of (and then some), but I can't bring the primary wireless network back up. I've googled (believe me, I've googled until my fingers bleed) but I only find the usual "power cycle, hardware reset, reflash the firmware, take it back to the shop" 'advice'

If all else fails I'll just have to find a way of disabling the primary network connection (if nothing else to stop the TX errors ramping up) and use a virtual network.

It's all a bit weird

Cheers,

Al.