Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stats Issues

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar

Thumbs up Stats Issues

New Stats Issues Thread - Post all your issues here - Before posting please read the old thread as we be working on it..
    When posting about a bug can you include as much information as possible especially if it is a layout issue as these maybe very specific to the browser being used and if possible a screenshot

Many Thanks.

Current Issues being worked on:
    Layout Issue - Being Resolved, need more info, working fine in Firefox v3.6.28, v9.0, Chrome 18.x , Safari (latest), IE 8 in Compatibility mode.
    Font size - Resolved, it should be back to 11pt.

The charts no longer have that 3d look as we have switched to a different plot engine which is using the Canvas ability of HTML 5 to render the charts, I know there are few minor issues and 2 pages have yet to be switched over but I am working on that too.
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

Reference: http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=userteamcomb&team=PC+Help+Forum

The team line shows about 366 million credits (far right).
    Adding the top two members together equals about 470 million credits.

Is this not a discrepancy?
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer " [Douglas Adams (11 March 1952 – 11 May 2001)]

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    In the BOINC world, the team only gets your points whilst you are a member of that team and BOINC exports the points for teams and users separately.

Quake Catcher Network doesn't seem to be updating at Free-DC stats. It only updates every 5 days or so, anyway, but at least three of those updates haven't made it to Free-DC stats. Haven't seen any complaints on QCN's message boards, so the problem might not be at their end (?)

Thanks again for this site!

Blog Entries
    Looks to me like their whole stats folder is missing http://qcn.stanford.edu/sensor/stats/

I'm also noticing differences between what any users QCN stats page says at the top as "total credit" and the score below it:

Example: http://qcn.stanford.edu/sensor/show_...p?userid=19842
    Total Credit : 54,209
    Quake Catcher Network: 53,147

And yes the stats folder seems to be MIA last update seems to be just before an outage that happened around Christmas...

They responded to my post on their forum, and we got updates again :-)

Thanks, again

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    I know about the monthly scores, but that's a much bigger data related problem, the project opportunities I'll fix now, though I'm not really sure what the code that broke it is in there for.

Oh and this is fine to report in here.
    Haven't made it through the whole thread, but it looks like the "User Monthly Scores" graphs still haven't updated since May 2013. Still a back-burner kind of repair?

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    Haven't made it through the whole thread, but it looks like the "User Monthly Scores" graphs still haven't updated since May 2013. Still a back-burner kind of repair?
    It's a Off the back-burner and off the stove kinda repair - the crash took a lot of it with it.... In order to get that back would mean a lot of work trying to figure out historical data or we just leave it empty from May to now...
    Last edited by gopher_yarrowzoo; 01-21-2014 at 11:13 AM.

Blog Entries
    I could get it working again going forward easily enough, just took a lot out of me when I lost that data. Tried to recover it for a while but to no avail

I could get it working again going forward easily enough, just took a lot out of me when I lost that data. Tried to recover it for a while but to no avail
    That would be most excellent, turning it back on for going forward, even with the gap. If it's not worth starting it back up, I'd offer the opinion that the graph might as well be removed from the pages.

Thanks to you both!

I'm new here, and I came here to get a fancy signature with all my stats on it.
    After some mocking about I finally found out how to log in to the stats.free-dc.org.
    Found my CPID and "updated" it.
    Still, my page here has no stats... I have about 1M credits in total on all my projects, but none are showing here.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by lashrasch View Post
    I'm new here, and I came here to get a fancy signature with all my stats on it.
    After some mocking about I finally found out how to log in to the stats.free-dc.org.
    Found my CPID and "updated" it.
    Still, my page here has no stats... I have about 1M credits in total on all my projects, but none are showing here.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    Do you mean http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...name=lashrasch if so then that page, you'd need to find out your user ID's for each project you have and enter them in for each project..

if you just want your signature then look at this page:
    http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...31b41ea3736b90
    this shows you all your user ID's for each project as well, just click on your score for each project to get your ID's..
    the page does show 1M credits in Combined, and you get a random theme tag as well like this one
    http://stats.free-dc.org/cpidtagb.ph...theme=9&cols=2

random theme

Hello lashrasch, look at your stats page

Hello, I am fairly new here and have a few questions.

How often does the stats page update with fresh info from the various project servers?
    I just started to run tasks from MindModeling@Home yesterday and its not showing up on my stats page yet. How long should this take? I set up my CPID just like my other projects.

I also have a suggestion. Reading the FAQ on how to set up my stats page it refers to the CPID. I found using the CPID number gets you no where fast. You should mention you need the Soft CPID to get things to work.

Thank you for doing all the work involved in producing a website that I find real useful and makes crunching DC projects all that more fun.

Blog Entries
    They update as often as the project exports new data. Some projects do this 4 or 6 times per day. MindModelling@Home unfortunately is only once per day at around 21.00pm EST.

Not sure what you mean by the soft CPID? In the BOINC world there is only the CPID, unless you mean the other one as the weak authenticator? (which is not in the stats at all)

Yes I meant the weak CPID. I had to use the weak CPID for each project to get the stats to work. I will wait and see if Mind Modeling updates at 21:00.

Thanks for the reply.

Seems stats are not updating since yesterday, some 12 hours before now

Does Free-DC have any Project challenge stats?
    http://www.primegrid.com/challenge/challenge.php

www.amdusers.com
    Still no stats updates? Server needs a kick

Blog Entries
    The Einstein host stats have gone crazy, the uncompressed file is 3.6Gb and parsing them all has caused one of the database drives to fill completely. I'm cleaning it up now.

*EDIT* I misquoted here. It's not the Einstein hosts causing the issue. Some of average tables went crazy (not sure why yet) in one of the databases and got to 40Gb each, this is what filled the filesystems. I've switched off that part of the stats whilst I investigate - normally the filesystems are about 50% full, though they fluctuate upwards by about 10% as temp tables are created and deleted. Averages are just used to show the average countryrank and average teamrank. Been running fine for over a year so don;t know what caused them to go wrong yesterday. The daily rollover might be wrong occasionally today as the system flip flops between the two databases, but it will correct itself tonight.
    Last edited by Bok; 03-12-2014 at 09:59 AM.

Hi, guys. I'm not sure if this is a Free-DC problem or an E0N problem. I've thought for some time that my total was building awfully slowly, but yesterday was the first time I actually took note of it. Yesterday, my total was 993,xxx. My points for the day were 3,xxx. Today my total is 994,xxx. Now I know that E0N is a slow points project, but this is ridiculous!

Any help/insights appreciated. Thanks for the great job y'all do!

Les
    HOME: A physical construct for keeping rain off your computers.

Blog Entries
    Is this classic Eon or BOINC Eon?

BOINC. Classic Eon is closed, no? It could just be I'm confused by the update times (I'm easily confused). Or possibly my adder is busted. Just ignore my complaint for now and I'll start a log to see if there's really a problem. I have been lax in gathering details.

Hi Bok.

Not sure if this is just my imagination but it looks like my stats haven't changed since 2:00 am. All columns still displaying all the same numbers from late last night.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Hi Bok.

Not sure if this is just my imagination but it looks like my stats haven't changed since 2:00 am. All columns still displaying all the same numbers from late last night.
    look up a few posts within this thread.....

look up a few posts within this thread.....
    Ooops. Okay, got it.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Sorry for the false alarm, Bok. I was deceived by irregular updating of E0N's database and a bit of faulty math. Oops!

Hello Bok,

NFS has up to 5 badges - one Overall by credit, 3 subprojects by credit and a temproraily badge based on RAC. It's fine for me to leave out the RAC badge.
    In the banner on user combined all four other badges are shown, but on users project pages NFS@home only the sub-project badges are shown - the overall badge is missing.
    (At least for me, but I had the credits for silver overall badge already when they introduced their badges.)

Blog Entries
    I'll take a look at the user page. I haven't done the RAC badges on any project (not really a fan of them).

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...86f1f6f0cbeb91
    This is a member of my team. He said he also signed up to Rosetta and Seti.
    They are not showing up in the above link. Is this just a timing thing and I should just wait or is there a problem?
    I don't wait very well.
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer " [Douglas Adams (11 March 1952 – 11 May 2001)]

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...=PC+Help+Forum
    I now see Britton30 listed twice. Line 43 and line 51
    Line 43 looks correct.

How do we delete line 51?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Gandalf_the_Grey; 03-21-2014 at 04:32 AM.

Blog Entries
    He has a split CPID, which looks like it is resolved now as the last one has no projects. It will clear itself up at some point automatically, but I'll delete this manually.

On my Collatz User Stats page I have now twice the golden badge. Something seems to go wrong, didn't it? Maybe the second one should be the bronze RAC badge.

Blog Entries
    I think that's a throwback to when I originally implemented them and they were doing sequential badges (more than one).

I've deleted out the rogue rows now. I didn't even know that collatz was doing the RAC badges too. This is good as I can get Slicker to help me make sure my algorithm is correct.

My average teamrank is now for longer than a week frozen at the same value, despite gaining or losing places on some projects in the meantime.

Blog Entries
    yeah, it's switched off as it caused a table to fill up and go crazy recently. i know what the fix is though so will putit back in place later today.

yeah, it's switched off as it caused a table to fill up and go crazy recently. i know what the fix is though so will putit back in place later today.
    How is that fix going?
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    -----------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by AMDave View Post
    How is that fix going?

Blog Entries
    I've actually done the fix, just haven't had an opportune time to stop the stats and push in in place. Needs to be when nothing is running and that means I have to be watching to stop it in the right place..

Soon..

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast