Thread: NPLB unreachable?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    www.amdusers.com

NPLB unreachable?

Is NoPrimeLeftBehind off-line? I cannot reach it and all my boxen have run out of work.

Yeah, we're having some as-yet-unknown server troubles right now - see the "Server outrages" thread at the NPLB forum from post #362 on. Gary's out of town right now, so we don't know yet what the exact problem is.

Based on the evidence we do have, it looks like it might be a router issue. Gary may be able to have a friend go over to his house and restart the router and/or server, but if that doesn't work it will have to wait until he gets back in about 1.5 weeks.

In the meantime, I'd recommend configuring PRPnet backup servers so your machines are still doing useful work - I have a few PrimeGrid servers configured on each of my boxes for when NPLB is down (which lately has been fairly often...we're working on figuring out what's going on with that).

Apologies fro the stats blip.
    http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=proj&proj=nplb
    The hardware issue has been resolved and the corrupted database table has been rectified.
    Move along. Nothing to see here.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdFl__NlOpA
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    -----------------------------------------

Hi Bok.
    GB alerted me to a stats processing issue on NPLB which I have fixed 2021-08-20
    FDC stats are not showing the latest data, so I assume you suspended the update per standard procedure.
    When you get the chance could you refresh the FDC project stats for NPLB from the latest extracts.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    -----------------------------------------

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    This is one of the problems when I moved to the new stats server. Because of the change in coding, it does not do any non-boinc stats.

Let me think on this one though. I can make NPLB an exception as it takes seconds to run.

will have to wait until I can get to a position to switch on the older server again to grab the latest data