Thread: Server down?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Server down?

I'm posting here in the hope that someone might be able to contact an SoB project/site admin, in case they're not aware of the issue.
    The project/site server seems to be down and has been for the past 48 hours.
    That said, I'm unable to send any results nor receive new assignments.

Did somebody forget pay the domain name renewal?? I think it due this year.

Hello,

This is Michael Goetz, admin over at PrimeGrid. As you're likely aware, we've been collaborating with the Seventeen or Bust project for the last six years.

I'll let Louie fill you in with the details, but he's in the process of restoring/moving the server. I get the impression that this is not something that was planned. No ETA yet.

Anyone suffering from severe SoB-withdrawal symptoms is, of course, welcome to fill the downtime by crunching SoB tasks over at PrimeGrid. Different software, but the same project. Please do return here when SoB is back online, however.

Hopefully Louie will get everything back up and running soon.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by AG5BPilot View Post
    Different software, but the same project.
    Which would mean that we'd still need to connect to the project server for assignments, yes?
    As that server is down, we'd be in the same situation we are now.

Quote Originally Posted by S3NTYN3L View Post
    Which would mean that we'd still need to connect to the project server for assignments, yes?
    As that server is down, we'd be in the same situation we are now.
    No. PrimeGrid's servers work completely independently of Seventeen or Bust's servers. All coordination between the projects is done on a purely human level between the admins, not electronically.

Both servers have different lists of candidates they're testing, so we don't duplicate the same work. But we're both working on solving the Sierpinski problem. At the moment we're sending out work for k=10223 and k=67607 with 31M<n<32M.

Quote Originally Posted by AG5BPilot View Post
    Both servers have different lists of candidates they're testing, so we don't duplicate the same work. But we're both working on solving the Sierpinski problem. At the moment we're sending out work for k=10223 and k=67607 with 31M<n<32M.
    Understood.
    Any work assigned from one site wouldn't be credited on the other.

Sorry, but that is a problem for me.
    (I've OCD issues).