Thread: Legends for Badges

Lightbulb Legends for Badges

Hi Bok,

(Yes this is a duplicate if you read this already. Somehow I got my location mixed up when I posted last night. O.o)

I couldn't readily locate where I had asked before so this seemed like a good place to rehash an old request but with a different spin.

I was wondering originally if there was a way you could show what projects the badges were coming from. However, given that you combine them all into a single image, I had a different thought:

How about a legend on Free-DC site (CPID page) that you could click on so that you'd have your badges image on top and a key to the projects below either alphabetically or in the same series order (I don't know how you setup the order off-hand).

Ideally you'd just show the ones a user already has, but if you wanted to keep it simpler, just list a legend for all the projects on their list.

The reason for this is some of us don't memorize what each badge is from (we only RUN droids, we aren't droids) and there's no easy way to figure it out short of delving into each project's site.

Thank you.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Do you mean just a page of badges with details of each one?

To see the badges per project, click in the menu on the left: http://signature.statseb.fr/

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    Do you mean just a page of badges with details of each one?
    Well, in balancing specifics and KISS, only show the info on the badges that you've obtained.

So layout would be your sig graphic at top.

Then something like

Project1 Title:
    Badge1 - Desc.
    Badge2 - Desc.

Project2 Title:
    Badge1 - Desc.
    Badge2 - Desc.

I suppose you could tile it although you might end with a lot of white space if you have a project with multiple badges next to a project with a couple of badges. I only suggested listing it alphabetical as that'd be easier to find.

That's the basic idea. You have a better idea of how it could be formatted out.

You can make the info for the badge visible when you hover over it with the mouse cursor too, like it is done on the project pages, but to me it looks like a lot of work for Bok.
    But you -Yavanius - might even want to visit your project pages yourself to see what badges you have, at which level, and what they are for.
    It certainly won't do you harm to visit your project pages as they might have more info too (such as which project/sub-project will be stopped when, etc.).
    Some projects have badges that do not even get exported...
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 11-07-2016 at 08:05 AM.