Thread: I got some results uploaded.

Lightbulb I got some results uploaded.

Woot! I just uploaded a whole 20 results from two systems before the server gave me a ticket. 3 days for 20 results means I have 3000 days left to upload my other 20K results. And I haven't been producing any for 2 days. At this rate I think a hand calculator would be faster.

Well it's almost been a week and still no noticeable improvement in the server delays. Howard, your time is almost up! :|punch|:

guru
    I'm having fun!!! I'm just not sure if it's net fun or gross fun.

be sure to check your error log you may be 910ned like most people who have recently uploaded a few gens .... lets hope not you may have found the cure

OCworkbench Stats Ho
    Hooray for you, pity that all my work is down the gurgler..all clean installs, no deleting anything, but still junk...swutching to Plan B

I am not a Stats Ho, it is just more satisfying to see that my numbers are better than yours.

Blog Entries
    So what do we do if we have the 910 errors? Wait for a fix or dump the whole thing and start again?

irc.aknarra.net #lobby
    irc.free-dc.org #free-dc

Dump the whole thing and wait for some reply from our beloved staff.....

Nope! all 910 errors!

That's it! everything since the last update is nothing but crap. My entire last weeks work is wasted. I didn't want to do this but I have no choice but to leave this project. I will not wait any longer to find out if my data can be uploaded. Below are some of my reasons.

Very little feedback to the problems we are having.
    No respect for the time and effort that people put in to running this client.
    Poor testing prior to implementing changes
    Lack of progress in improving the client over the life of the project.
    No valid data being created.

piss poor planning leads to piss poor results!

I think this project needs to take their client back the drawing board and start over. If that means stopping the current project until a better client is created then so be it. I would gladly test any beta client but I will not run a production client that is in a beta stage.

I don't care if it's just one person doing the coding or 10, if it's not ready don't release it!

guru
    I'm having fun!!! I'm just not sure if it's net fun or gross fun.

I second this..... Every word.....

But I'm just a silly young man of 54 and have absolut no knowlegde in comptuing. Despite the fact that I earn my money by keeping databaseservers up and running the last 25 years......

This is good.

I've uploaded over 2,500,000 points in the last 4 hours, and gotten credit for barely 1000.

That's a fine ratio.

Where's the 'loser' smilie that can be applied to this project?

0-6 12-9 11-3 11-3 0-8 1