Thread: curse the ECS K7S5a

curse the ECS K7S5a

About 5 months ago I posted and learned from this community about cheap Taiwanese capacitors on mobos. Now it's official: all seven of my ECS K7S5a mobos have died, all of the same disease. Just thought I'd let ya'll know. I still have two more, but they are in cases, mounted vertically. The others were horizontal. All are on 24/7. The two in cases occasionally run windows for network games, but linux the rest of the time. I'm pricing replacement mobos.

btw, don't buy any used K7S5a's!

Don't buy K7S6 either - all 3 I had died in same week...just "plop" and never woke up again
    And one took my 2.5+ CPU with it. Pity...
    rm -Rf /

sucks0rs!!!

Asrock is IMHO the brand to use for cheap MBs. The company is actually a part of Asus, so it's not crap at all, just based of cheaper chipsets (like SIS etc.).

Also, you'll get a video of a hot chick showing you how to assemble a PC with each motherboard

I bought a total of 11 of them, 2 have died. All are mounted vertically. So I can't say that I've had any worse luck with the ECS K7S series than any other. I bought two Shuttles for instance, one is still running, one crapped out. I've bought 3 Asus, and 3 are still running.I've had two gigabyte board fail, and bought 12 of them. All have been used as 24x7 crunchers.