Thread: the last protein changeover

the last protein changeover

so far checking my boxen, all linux clients updated and restarted properly
    all windows clients (running as a service) have a large # of buffered results from the 103 protein and haven't switched

perhaps the linux client is more reliable during protein changes or maybe it is just my bad luck?

i am manually fixing my windows clients to get my 103's uploaded this morning before the cutoff
    Use the right tool for the right job!

I think

the first windoze release was bugged and a fixed patch was released later. It is possible that your boxen picked up the naff win patch whereas the linux one was good to go out of the box.

I'm sure the mirror holders will correct me if I'm barkin up the wrong tree.
    Alas poor Borg, I knew it Horatio

http://www.butlersurvey.com/

I heard sumthin to that effect, but can't verify it. My Winders boxen were about 50/50 for the upgrade. There seem to be a few that ALWAYS have problems, so I just do them manually as a matter of course.
    HOME: A physical construct for keeping rain off your computers.

Boinc'ing away

Re: I think

Originally posted by Fozzie
    the first windoze release was bugged and a fixed patch was released later. It is possible that your boxen picked up the naff win patch whereas the linux one was good to go out of the box.

I'm sure the mirror holders will correct me if I'm barkin up the wrong tree.
    the problem in the Windows patch would have also been in the other patches - the new patch was released a few hours before the changeover as well so unless you got the old patch from someone who had stopped the autoupdate daemon after getting the first patch it should be fine...

if you did get a dodgy patch the error will be about protein.trj being corrupt or out-of-date...

My Windows boxen were all kind enough to dump it all last night

I had to manually coax my windows boxes to dump yesterday. Right before I switched them over to TSC. Aside from a coulple boxes I can't get to right now, I'm done with DF.

Stardog, dont tell me your going to take my #1 spot in TSC
    That wouldn't be fair I only switched half of my boxes after this latest DF hicup.
    I dont have time to babysit my boxes so I think Ill switch the rest before the change over this time.
    Im running about 1/3 df, 1/3 tsc, 1/3 d2ol right now.

DF

Oh, no...not me....

No, please, stay with DF..they need your help...