First the DF client gets updated, and now dfGUI for Linux. Well, sort of -- I am officially letting 3.3-rc1 out into the wild to find some more bugs in it. I'm doing this based on what happened with 3.2.1 -- I released it, then had 3 or 4 bugs reported by a bunch of different people. Those are fixed, but new stuff has been added, so I'd like to let this one simmer for a few weeks just in case.

It's a release candidate, so please report any issues you have with it in this thread and I'll do my best to figure them out. If you get a segfault, see if you can reproduce the segfault running dfGUI under gdb (you may have to compile with debug information; just put -g into your CFLAGS variable before running configure). When gdb /path/to/dfGUI starts, do a run to start up dfGUI. When the segfault happens, do a bt in gdb to get a stack backtrace, as that's the piece of information that's most helpful when tracking down segfaults.

Anyway, you can get 3.3-rc1 from the usual place.

A full list of changes is available there (and an even more detailed list is available in the ChangeLog). Most of them are enhancements, a few are bugfixes, and a few are cleanups in the code.

There is one known bug with the structs-per-gen handling; during gen 0, it thinks you're going to get ten thousand points for each gen you have (since the number of structs in that gen is ten thousand). I am trying to figure a way around that, but I'll probably need Howard's help on it -- in the form of a new line in progress.txt during gen 0 (or some other type of "this is how many structs are in normal gens" piece of information). I am planning on asking Howard, but not until the update issues have died down.