Thread: P-1 coordination thread - discussion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    With the lastest issues in the prp I'm placed in a ackward position, of not knowing the best solution to the issues.

I'm going to make the suggestion that people skip a range of P-1 upto 12M.

Reason being I'm uncertain if Louie or Dave will transfer the dropped tests back into the firstpass que or not. Also even if they can/do we have some legit assigments in the range of 11.3 to 12M....

If we simply left a gap would solve a bunch of issues.
    - It would ensure P-1 factors score properly and give P-1 a headstart/lead on prp again.

In either case reserve as you wish.

Knight of the Old Code KWSN_Dagger's Avatar
    Makes sense to me, because the next.txt file is blank. But it is at 11975918 taken from Mike's stats page. http://www.aooq73.dsl.pipex.com/2006/scores_t.htm

Yeah...
    If you go by this page, http://www.seventeenorbust.com/stats/rangeStatsEx.mhtml
    it's pretty obvious everything was handed out to n=12M for firstpass.

Quote Originally Posted by vjs
    Yeah...
    If you go by this page, http://www.seventeenorbust.com/stats/rangeStatsEx.mhtml
    it's pretty obvious everything was handed out to n=12M for first pass.

13470000 13485000 engracio ? [reserved]

Looks like he went above that, all the way to n=13.5m. Now the big question after everything settles down and the runaway client dropped everything is would the admin put back the dropped test to first pass. If they put it back to first pass would we be able to factor it and still get the benefits of factoring? I.e if we find a factor would the server consider it a passed test?

Personally I do not care where we start over again as long as we do not do double work or for nothing. As what everybody has been saying, the longer the test become the more benefit p1 factoring is. With my ancient cpu's they are getting very long.

e
    Last edited by engracio; 06-14-2006 at 08:52 AM.

E,

Those tests around 13.4M are far a few between they are actually from a very old special que 13367 or something like that, I think a total of ~10 were completed.

I can assure you that there were no tests between >12M assigned recently.

Regardless do the range you specified if you wish, but if you havn't got that far I'd suggest taking something a little lower. By the time we get to 13.4M I'd like to see another 2 k's eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by vjs
    E,

Those tests around 13.4M are far a few between they are actually from a very old special que 13367 or something like that, I think a total of ~10 were completed.

I can assure you that there were no tests between >12M assigned recently.

Regardless do the range you specified if you wish, but if you havn't got that far I'd suggest taking something a little lower. By the time we get to 13.4M I'd like to see another 2 k's eliminated.
    Okay buddy make sense to me, was just not sure. I was just prepping the wu so that when the boxes running the sieving and secondpass prp completes p1 can continue.

Let me reserve this range then:

12000000 12020000 engracio ? [reserved

I can always go back down to the correct prp range when this set is complete. Thanks.

e

======================================

Sounds good e.

VJS
    Last edited by vjs; 06-14-2006 at 01:17 PM.

P 1 coordination thread discussion

I just thought Id start a thread for those of us in the Northeast to start discussing routes and movements for the project. Can everyone who is interested in the project from the Northeast chime in? The main thread for this is under the general topics forum, cycling related ? not sure, but it starts with "Wouldnt it be cool if..."