Thread: Hey Everyone!

Hey Everyone!

How are you all ? Been a long time between drinks for me here and I thought I'd pop in and say hello. Hope everyone is well, at a quick glance there are still plenty of people I know and love here which is great.

I've just come back from a 5 week holiday, my first in 3 nearly 4 years which was an awesome experience. Started in Singapore, then to France a few days in Paris and then Chateau hopping for a few days outside the capital. Then a huge road trip from the bottom of the UK up to the middle of Scotland and then back to the bottom again. It was a great time but very exhausting trying to jam so many experiences into such a relatively short period of time. Some places really need a week or so just on their own to soak in the atmosphere, culture or the sheer beauty. I really enjoyed the Scottish Highlands, also visting Mont Saint Michel in France (a childhood dream), it was all great catching up with friends some we hadn't seen for many years. My all time favourite was here http://www.redbubble.com/works/show/63774 at Eilean Donan just a perfect little castle on a Loch, just gorgeous.

Anyways back in the saddle again at work, but like I said thought a bit nostalgic today (just order a huge quad core boxen 16gb of ram) and my DC nerves started jittering. Unfortunately I won't be running anything but VMware and servers on the beast but it bought back memories.

Anyway if anyone is interested, I've taken some 20, 000 photos on my trip and I've started uploading the best of the best on to my gallery, free to view them but feel free to buy a print or card if you like.
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/innovativevisions

Cheers one and all!

Craig
    aka Alpha_7

Hey! Great to see you around again. Sounds like you had a great trip, I'll check the photos later.

Then a huge road trip from the bottom of the UK up to the middle of Scotland and then back to the bottom again.
    That is quite a journey. Did you pick up any half-decent scotch?

Anyways back in the saddle again at work, but like I said thought a bit nostalgic today (just order a huge quad core boxen 16gb of ram) and my DC nerves started jittering.

Picked up a bottle of Lagavulin which I shared with a mate (gave it to him as a 30th B'day present). I wasn't a scotch drinker before, but I've got a taste for it, and not the cheap stuff either, only single malt.

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    Aye yeah cannae beat a gid singal malt kin ye..
    Sorry Alpha, being a scot I could resist typing in scots for a second.
    I can't say I've tried that particular malt but now I can see Im going to possibly have to hunt it out. I've not visited the castle itself but was nearby one year, even crossed the bridge to Skye. All I will say about that bridge is it's deceptive but hmm 30 mph limit - yeah right I could do that on my bike and my mates were were going over that and Being overtaken by cars :-S.
    I have tried a few of the more well known single malts and if you were to dare hand me something blended you would probably end up wearing it
    Glad you like the place, your welcome back anytime
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

Good to see you made it back, and, all in one piece.

What a journey!