Thread: Milkyway Off Line

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    With all due respect(and there's a lot due around here) alpha projects are essentially growing pains stages. As long as they have the label of alpha, the only thing you should trust them to do is work on bugs. They don't know if their points system is going to work, they don't know if their stuff is going to crash, and most importantly, they don't know what they don't know. That last one is especially important. If you knew how you were going to screw up, you probably wouldn't have screwed up in the first place.

Free-DC is a great team with a great Forum. Alpha projects are not for competing, they're for figuring out how to get crap to work properly. When you do an alpha project, you're not a DCer. you're a bug tester.

Talking

The point is not that it is an Alpha project. It is the fact that one of our own has had his name erroneously dragged through the mud.

I myself would react the same if this was a mainstream project that had been running for years.

Our team mate has had his name plastered up on the Milkyway site as a cheater. His requests for this slander to be removed fell on deaf ears. Eventhough this deformation being posted was against milkyway forum rules.

I think that we understand that an Alpha might have a server up and down like a tarts knickers, and that when alpha testing is finished, the points may not carry over to the running project.

We are a little miffed

PS,,,,,, >>>> Fozzie, We love you man x

Free-DC's Prime Search
    Quote Originally Posted by Helix_Von_Smelix

PS,,,,,, >>>> Fozzie, We love you man x

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jasong
    With all due respect(and there's a lot due around here) alpha projects are essentially growing pains stages. As long as they have the label of alpha, the only thing you should trust them to do is work on bugs..
    I understand that this project is young and I dealt with all the errors I received.
    But I do have a problem with the Admins in the way they chose to handle this problem.
    Thats why I pulled my support from the project

We are a team we must support each other

@ em99010pepe
    HOME: A physical construct for keeping rain off your computers.

Offensive thread gone

Upon further "prompting" they have hidden the thread pointing to the offensive "cheaters" web site.

Nice 1 Angus

Appreciate your assistance in this.

Alas poor Borg, I knew it Horatio

http://www.butlersurvey.com/