Thread: PS3 Setup for dnet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Finally got one PS3 setup with Boinc to run PS3Grid ~3,400 ppd.
    I don't know if this is accrute, as I find out more, I'll re-edit this message.

Measured floating point speed - 302.81 million ops/sec
    Measured integer speed - 893.38 million ops/sec

I am not sure "out of the box" is working correctly, as my first full 24 hours of stats are very low.

Everything is running as per the guides above...

Any ideas of what I can check to ensure the client is working correctly?

Edit:

Think I may have found it, config for number of simultaneous crunchers was set to 1, typo where it should have been -1....
    Last edited by meep; 01-05-2008 at 02:11 AM.

Blog Entries
    question: if I install linux on a PS3 when it is connected via HDMI to a high-resolution-TV, then I'm able to install a graphical userinterface (KDE, Gnome, whatever), after that I would be able to install VNC. Then I disconnect the PS3 from HDMI-TV (-> make it headless) and reboot it. Would I still have a graphical UI via VNC? Or does it stop booting into graphical UI since there is nothing connected via HDMI?

I'm just asking because my PS3 runs 24/7 but currently has no additional benefit except running OGR. I would like to use it as a small fileserver (with a 320 GB SATA-HDD) and a Bittorrent-Downloader (Azureus).
    --> would it be worth to take it offline, replace the small 40 GB HDD with a 320 GB HDD, search a friend with a HDMI-TV (I don't own one) and reinstall linux? Or is my main criteria not possible (graph. UI) impossible with no HDMI-TV connected?
    the-mk

Blog Entries
    today I bought a 320 GB HDD and a HDMI->DVI cable to plug the PS3 into my 24" monitor and do some tests...

according to http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/su...-connect.shtml connecting via HDMI->DVI should work

I'll do some testing tomorrow...
    the-mk