Thread: Automated Sieve Range Discussions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

comment on abandoned range

First, I'd like to apologize for the mess I've made. I abandoned the range, and now I can't figure out how to find out where it was so I can put it here.

If anyone wants to take the time to track it down, then the following information should help the siever who gets it. First, I sieved it in 6 parts. 4 were each put on one core of my 2.4GHZ Core2Quad, and 2 were put on my Turion laptop, for which I've never been able to ascertain the speed.(yes, I know that makes me look stupid). The 2 laptop ranges were either the first 2 ranges numerically, or the last 2. Also, the ranges are partially sieved.

I hope that's enough to figure out where to sieve. Each core of the quad-core got exactly the same size range. And, while each core of the 2 core laptop got a different size than the quadcore cores, the laptop ranges matched each other.

Hope this helps.

The range you abandoned is: 12545849 -> 12549849. It's quite a substantial size and it would useful if someone would volunteer to take it on. I'll put it "on hold" for now, let me know here if you want to take over it. Or we could split it into chunks for people to share.

I did a decent chunk of that range. Except, as I said, it was in 6 parts. Is it possible to track down the factors?

Unless you can be sure which parts have been sieved it is probably best for the whole range to be re-done. Do you have any fact.txt files anywhere?

Knight of the Old Code KWSN_Dagger's Avatar
    I'm willing to take it on.
    When in doubt, kick it until it works.

Thanks I'll assign it to you on the sieve system.