Thread: RNA World

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    Will you reset credits when RNA goes public, so the rechenkraft team doesn't have a totally unfair head start?
    Although we have not yet discussed this in detail, there are no plans to bring credits back to zero when the project goes public. The reason for this is fairness, because these people that helped during development deserve at least to keep their credits which they had earned by carrying out hard work. It should also be kept in mind that most of them contributed much more than CPU cycles since they identified a number of issues and even helped actively resolving them. I am sure you will understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    Someone tell yoyo that his database is in distress. Web site and BM both get errors.

1/15/2010 5:55:23 PM|RNA World|Message from server: Server can't open database
    Thanks for the information. Issue resolved.
    Best regards,
    Michael.

P.S.: An exact date for going public is not yet fixed since it depends on the outcome of the final test rounds we are currently cycling through. I actually wanted to make the project go public in November right after my initial project presentation on the BOINC Workshop held in Barcelona last year in October but then a new version of the implemented software came out and we decided to first incorporate that and test it. We just like to be up to date.

P.P.S.: If anyone has questions concerning the RNA World project, just go ahead and ask me.
    Last edited by Michael H.W. Weber; 01-16-2010 at 12:09 PM.
    http://www.rechenkraft.net - Germany's largest distributed computing community

- - - - - - - - - -
    RNAs are nanomachines or nanomachine building blocks. Examples: The ribosome, RNase P, the cellular protein secretion machinery and the spliceosome.