Thread: LLRnet/PRPnet rally Oct. 27-Nov. 3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thank you for the explanation. So NPLB is secondary project for most people not worth to run as a primary one. With so many BOINC projects out there it starts to be difficult to filtrate which ones are serious or being useful for society.

No, I am not who you claim I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbedo View Post
    Thank you for the explanation. So NPLB is secondary project for most people not worth to run as a primary one. With so many BOINC projects out there it starts to be difficult to filtrate which ones are serious or being useful for society.
    Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say it's not worth it for most people to run NPLB as a primary project...that's entirely a matter of preference and our regulars would surely disagree. I would argue that producing a true and accurate list of prime numbers is of greater importance to society than a long-shot search for extraterrestrial life--but of course this is just my opinion and others have different preferences in project choices. As distributed computing is largely a purely hobby pursuit, a choice between projects is often less about which is more useful for society and more about which is most personally fulfilling to those running it.

Ah, okay...no problem. Just had to be sure...

www.amdusers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbedo View Post

So what projects do you run?

A few life science projects.

Free-DC do have representation in this rally.
    Not so many in number but they are making a lot of noise

Barbedo
    Enhance your calm