Quote Originally Posted by Steve* View Post
Problem is that there are people being thrown onto Sub Teams when there are no Sub Teams for the Main Team just because they have long had the [] in their User Name for some other reason ... So this means the Main Team won't get their Credit then I assume or am I wrong on that ...
There is no change at all to the way BOINC credit is done, that part is all from the xml and I have no intentions of changing that. User credit and team credit is reported as is from the projects. All I'm doing is allowing a mechanism for a user to designate a subteam/division by putting it in their name. I then collect and accumulate the credit based on that. It doesn't interfere at all with the main credits. Would it be better if the subteam was available to be done at the projects themselves and thus exported in the xml, definitely. But I lobbied for it with the BOINC dev team and they would not do it.

If you mean that people are being put into a subteam, if they are NOT on a team in the first place.. perhaps, I'll think on that, might be better to ignore it in that case. I'll run through the scenarios on grouping across projects and see what I can come up with. I did try not to create subteams originally if the team was '0', I think there might be other ways I'll have to prevent though. I don't think it'll matter too much.

Definitely still a few bugs that need ironing out, I always believe in getting it out and letting people find them, especially when it has no affect on anything else..

Credits move with the user if they change their subteam. I don't have anyway of doing it differently without it coming from xml.

So it's all just fun really, little extra way of grouping /shrug.