Thread: Primegrid Challenge Series

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Ok guys,
    I'm in, ready to give it the best I got. one machine is not yet cooling well so I reduced its max speed a bit. My oldest machine, @ 2.4 Ghz, it's taking me a little over 3 minutes / WU averge on DDR2 (that's on the old twin core machine). The others are DDR3 and doing MUCH better.

Lauren, glad you are all set with the start time? Everyone else set with their start time?

Now, one question.. Is there a BOINCView or equivalent app / config for the Linux side of the house ? I would like to only run the boinc client and manage it all from a central machine/location but never run it from one location in Linux. my client start script is set to allow remote gui rpc and the port is selected. I DO need to get the hosts' default passwords so I don't muck up the local boinc manager.

PS: Team members are welcome to use the automation script for core auto-assignment and priority/resource management (priority is a duplication of the boinc feature but overrides boinc) and auto-updates to the server on a regular basis (all configurable) for linux-based hosts.

Tnx,
    C
    Last edited by Chuck; 08-22-2011 at 10:37 PM. Reason: typo correction

A FDC in training, fellow supporter of Firefox.

Proudly crunching with AMD & ATI power.
    If you want The Best you must forget the Rest
    >>>>>>>>>and join Free-DC<<<<<<<<<<<