Thread: Inconsistency between Trigggls, Boks and MegaBoks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Bok, I will keep the secret :-)

NI!

This just begs the question:

Given Triggls, Boks and TeraBoks ...
    what do you call #projects between 10,000,000 and 10,100,000? {if you follow the logic from Bok to TerraBok, this should be a YottaBok, a jump of 12 more magnitudes }
    between 100,000,000 and 101,000,000? {I ask that and don't have a single project even approaching those numbers!} .. {Dodos? who would get there and stop?}
    etc.

and what do you call the total of all together? {#projects that fit any of the definitions}?

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    I checked the numbers and was actually surprised at how many of these there actually were.

for 10,000,000-10,100,000 there are 279, with top user having 4, for the 100,000,000 there are still 75. Once you go up to 1B there are only 2 instances so we don't have to add that one yet.

If you wish to give official names to these, let me know here and I'll add them <- as you can see I name them after users who ask for the particular MM

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    I checked the numbers and was actually surprised at how many of these there actually were.

for 10,000,000-10,100,000 there are 279, with top user having 4, for the 100,000,000 there are still 75. Once you go up to 1B there are only 2 instances so we don't have to add that one yet.

If you wish to give official names to these, let me know here and I'll add them <- as you can see I name them after users who ask for the particular MM
    Well ... this has proven more time consuming than I had thought. It appears that "yotta" (10 to the 24th) is the highest prefix recognized by the International Standard of Units .. which kinda puts an end to any progression.

Therefore, moving on:
    10,000,000 - 10,100,000 - "Gibson" {yah, ok, glory hog}
    100,000,000 - 101,000,000 - "Bozo" {and before anyone goes nutso, he is a teammate and a friend ... and it still sorta fits }

the total of all together (all MM qualifying events) - this seems a unique idea rather than a logic extension so I still advocate it at some point. I'd name it after a pioneer of DC. I'd vote David Anderson, but others are certainly viable.
    -edit-
    {actually, this was the one I wanted named 'Gibson" .. but I'm nobody in the long term. I decline. This should go to to someone who helped start the whole idea. Just my 2p}
    -endedit-
    Last edited by Gibson Praise; 03-23-2014 at 04:45 AM.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Added those two categories.

I'm not yet sold on the overall one, need to think about it a bit more. There is already a badge for overall # of MM's anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    Added those two categories.
    My teammate and friend may never forgive me.
    I'm not yet sold on the overall one, need to think about it a bit more. There is already a badge for overall # of MM's anyway.
    You are correct. The same idea is served. I like the badge better!