Thread: Mysterious New Badge

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkRBright View Post
    Are there really such things as Gibsons and Bozos? Would these by any chance be variations on Boks/TeraBoks? If they do exist should they not be listed in the MM Stats section down the left hand side. Come to that I just noticed that the Top1000's are missing from there as well. I am guessing one of these would be for 10M to 10.1M which is a shame, I would have gone for one on Moo if I had known.
    Yes they exist, ah the left side is not quite automatic, so I need to revisit those.

That is cool! I like the badges display. Good stuff as ever Bok.

As suggested before, I concur that the MM section should stay as is and the recent milestones section should be reduced to only 5 or 10.

CO2 Emissions Algae Scientist Nflight's Avatar
    Fredericksburg, Pennsylvania, United States
    I am going to stick my head out and ask Bok for an explanation on the Sub10k. Just where do you get the figure you are suggesting, and why wouldn't the actual amount of sub10'ks be better in smaller amounts then larger amounts. Confusing until someone explains it to me!! I can not find the complete explanation anywhere in the public veiw. So it may exist in the Team view only! To which I am not a team member

If you click on the new SubProject Credits link on your main Free-DC page near the top it should all hopefully become clear.
    It's simply the number of subprojects in which you have crunched more than 10k. I was confused by the use of 'sub' too at first until I saw the new page.
    There are quite a few Mega Milestones that are unexplained and you only tend to find out about them when you hit them! And even then it's not always obvious why you got them!
    Bok has done all the work on this recently in part to compensate for issues with some projects becoming subprojects of the new Citizen Science Grid.
    Hope that helps

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    And just to be clear... There is NO team only forum at Free-DC.

Everyone sees everything.

Bok,

Love the sub-projects idea, shame about WCG. I guess scraping is too much of a crap shoot?

Anyway, WCG aside, please can we have a MM that counts TOTAL sub projects crunched?

Thanks!

S.

ps, thanks for deprecating the CSG subs.

MM badge itself

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRBright View Post
    There are quite a few Mega Milestones that are unexplained and you only tend to find out about them when you hit them! And even then it's not always obvious why you got them!
    I had no idea what the MM badge itself was, that it comes from Free-DC instead of a project, that it means MegaMilestone, why it showed up nor why it's bronze instead of silver or blue. The FAQ isn't helpful and a forum search returns:
    The following errors occurred with your search
    The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search:
    MM
    So now after an 90 minutes of searching around at least I know it's MegaMilestone and it's from FreeDC but still not sure what triggered it and how to get the next color badge.

Last edited by Marmot; 04-21-2015 at 10:37 AM. Reason: add badge