Thread: SETI@Home Wow!-Event 2015

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yavanius. keep up the good work. You are the deciding factor that is keeping us in 20th place.
    I'm having fun!!! I'm just not sure if it's net fun or gross fun.

Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    Yavanius. keep up the good work. You are the deciding factor that is keeping us in 20th place.
    Bit of bad news for you:
    LHC@home has work so I am taking advantage of it while it lasts. It looks like they got some good batches this time. I haven't read the forums (haven't seen any news pop up), so I don't know how long this will last. I miss the fireflies from the screensaver. That is why this one of my top favorite projects. Now if someone could just figure out flying toasters for their project...

Also, Universe@home has work again, so I'll keep some work for that but try to keep SETI going the majority of the time.
    Good news:
    It's cooling off, so I'll be able to start running longer again. 100+ temperatures. Yuck. At least we didn't have humidity!

Apparently, there is an influx of Astropulse work so my main notebook was working on those. Out of curiosity, I turned back on SETI WUs and the GPU. Dang those are short running times for SETI on the GPU around a half hour for the small batch I had initially (looks like other WUs run 1+ to closer to 2 hrs) vs around 5 on CPU. AP units are about 5 hrs on the GPU vs around 10 on the CPU . I'll turn the GPU back on tonight and see what I get. Looks like SETI might be on a spending spree (the check arrived).

Our cool weather had ended. Today we are in the high 90's and tomorrow will probably hit triple digits. I'll have to shut down some systems but may be able to offset them with some other systems.

SETI@home Network Outage (August 17-18)
    Due to network and DNS upgrades/changes we will be shutting down the projects tonight (August 17th) and we will be offline until the next morning. 18 Aug 2015, 4:04:38 UTC

Well, I'll just crunch through what I got... 8 SETI WUs and one CUDA SETI. Looks like this is going to be a good run for LHC. Too bad there is no Droid client for it...

Gonna party like it's 1999!

Was looking at my credits for today: 1999

Going Retro - Back to the 80s

For what's it worth, we moved up a slot on Wow. #19 now. I'm not gonna run SETI on the Droid squadron. It's too heavy for most of them and probably not worth the running time to credits, even on the couple that do alright with it.

I'll keep running SETI but POGS is back, LHC has been giving out batches, and Universe is back last week too. I might run GPU for SETI overnight on main notebook. I'm not sure why I can't get CUDA work on the other. Theoretically it should work but it doesn't get any.

That's great news that pogs is back but I have a feeling some of my systems will switch over to that from seti. After this is over I plan to do a big push in pogs.

If the trends hold I will finish 12th overall and the team will come in 19th. Not a bad showing at all. It will be worth it to see us beat [H]ard|OCP. I am sad that Ars was missing from the competition.

POGS Skynet has been down over 24 hours including the Beta site. The main Skynet site is running, but POGS is all offline (not just the BOINC portion). I wonder if they had a system crash. I have stuck WUs waiting to go up and noticed on more than one device that I had some WUs that had a computation error. I wonder if it is related. Getting close to the competition next month...

Incidentally, I think those GPU units are boosting my SETI scores. Even with the other projects stealing time away, I'm still getting a decent daily score.

POGS has been out of work for a while. I know they said more work was coming but am not sure they are ready. GPU's will do a lot of work quickly. I'm running a combination of GPU and CPU. I should be close to 300K a day now. Maybe just maybe we will catch HP.

POGS has been out of work for a while. I know they said more work was coming but am not sure they are ready. GPU's will do a lot of work quickly. I'm running a combination of GPU and CPU. I should be close to 300K a day now. Maybe just maybe we will catch HP.
    We're about 265k behind Team Rivazone. That works out to about an extra 88.5k a day for the next 3 days to catch up. That's just a really rough calculation though. I'm just looking at the totals and figuring out the difference between our teams. I'm not even trying to figure out the averages per day and all that jazz...