Thread: Database problem?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    www.amdusers.com
    I have nervous anticipation for when Bok can fix the stats. Are we there yet?

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    OS drive is hosed. Database drives are all ok though. I have to rebuild it somehow which is going to take time.

www.amdusers.com
    Not found error now when trying to reach the stats page. Bok must still be re-building the site. Do you have an ETA?

Blog Entries
    Was that on stats3? I'd forgotten to alter that one, I usually do a redirect on everything to a single page. I'd prefer to get rid of stats3 altogether but I know some people still use it. Anyway it was still trying to connect into the DB server which was causing some contention while I fix up things.

I've got about 50% of the perl scripts converted and working, including the main ones that download the data and the ones that push the data into MariaDB and do all the aggregation and such. Times seem pretty similar to before so I think I've got the DB parameters set correctly. I can tweak those as I go along.

At this point I *think* I'll be able to switch things back on again tomorrow. Of course the drives are hanging loose in the DB server right now, so I'll have to tidy that up probably over the weekend.

You're doing a great job, Bok.

www.amdusers.com
    Bok, yes it was stats3 - I mainly use that as it shows more fine details than the new version. eg hover over computer and it shows info, bar highlights of my username in lists etc; much better.

Blog Entries
    All switched on again. There may still be some lingering issues.

Already had one issue, where it was updating one database, but the webside was still pointing to same database leading to some contention. That is fixed now.

I wasn't backing up some files like

1) the custom db_dump.xml files I use for projects that have subproject data - fixed I think.
    2) my globalconfigs file!! aarghh, not much in it though so no harm
    4) my cron entries - there may be some scripts not running due to this, hopefully I got them all (wcg badges and subproject data, wuprop hours data, generic badge updates)
    5) mariadb conf file. I think this is recreated now, 2Gb tmpfs, plus all the sort and index settings I use. db is using 26Gb of Ram of the 32Gb on the server (it's max)