Thread: A new measure of greatness ;-)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So was I right? Is this one that only the retiring / retired are interested in? Perhaps the reason they don't come back (and comment on this) is because there is no EnigMax to tempt them back!
    I am more and more convinced (as I play with the numbers in my spreadsheets) that excluding all the Top's/SubTop's, Vaios, Maxwells, MiRBs and TeraMiRBs as well as the Clanks / SubClanks, gives a fairly solid and static rankable Free-DC achievement level. But it has occurred to me that some of the great Boincers of the past may have Boinced for many years with relatively little kit, so I am now thinking of adding a weighting for the number of years boinced. This would make it trickier as you would have to track a last activity date, but it would also encourage people to stick with it. I am open to suggestions as to how this could be done but I am thinking along the lines of adding a 19% bonus if you've Boinced for 19 years sort of thing.
    As I said though, the significance is not in the number itself - but in the Rank - so it could be put up into the header on the main stats page if it was easier - though ideally blinking with flashing lights and music and some animated fireworks when you hover over it.
    And obviously it should allow you to click it and look at the Hall of Fame.
    Given how I know you like the odd bit of mysterious Bok it would be quite funny if the only place anyone could work out how it was calculated was in this thread.
    I would love to know where I rank on this. All I currently know is I have an EnigMax of 1607 by the above suggested definition (including weighting) and I suspect my rank is a long way short of my Squarepants Rank.
    Last edited by MarkRBright; 03-01-2021 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Typos