I tell you what, This is the Cr0ppiest cd-rw i have experiance. The dang drive is slowing down my whole computer! I put in a CD,( i have autoorun disabled. So i go to y computer, guess what! It's not loaded yet, so i wait 15 seconds, then it shows up as the current CD, ok i forgive the machine for that, i run the program( actualy a game installer) so it get's to 70% and FREEZES, my cd-rw light isn't flashing, nothing is going on, this has happened before , just not as often/bad/with like ALL of my CD's. , So i click on the link to inter net explorer, nothing happens for 1 minute, i click on defrage , nothign happens, i clcik on cancle install, it says are you syure, i say yes, nothing happens, i clcik on explorer again, then i say ok fine, so i remove the cd from the cd-rw and GUES WHAT! all the internet explorer windows open and the defragger comes up! I am definantly getting a new one before too long ! NEVER BUY A LG DRIVE! I think the whole drive is going out slowly, first the DVD part, now the regular CD part. I just may exchange it for my parents 52x24x52 cd-rw, and give them a regular 24x cd-rom