I think you meant sieve, right?

If so, here's just a few data points.

When we were trying to reach 200T, we had an average daily cumulative speed of 983G per day. This is the average from Jan 13th to Feb 17th. That average speed suggested December 2004 to reach 500T.

After we reached 200T, daily cumulative averages started to drop. Some of the users left sieving, some allocated a portion of resources to P-1, etc. Currently, we have an average of 745G per day. This is the average from Apr 2nd to May 10th. That average speed suggests March 2005 to reach 500T.

That said, normally sieve should reach 500T before PRP reaches 10m.

The reason I said whichever comes first: Who knows, may be in the following months sieve will lose some more computing power and output drops down more. Or, may be we get new users at PRP (which I'd love to see) and it starts to climb even faster. So, the "whichever comes first" phrase is used as a precaution in case PRP reaches 10M (8M?) before sieve reaches 500T.

And a small note on the nmin and nmax for the range of the new sieve: I guess none of us knows for sure which range would work best. The best course of action would be choose a set of alternative range sizes. Quickly compile dat files for each, so that we can see their relative sizes and speeds, and decide accordingly.

My opinion above on choosing a number below 20m for nmin and 100m (200m?) for nmax is just a guesstimate which I feel would be right. Of course, that might turn out to be wrong when we start to see some data.