Thread: 1st in 31

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hmm. Looking at a console as the client works, it looks like it sends each result straight after the work unit finishes, and immediately replenishes the cache. So it keeps a constantly full cache, rather than running it dry and then filling it up again.

It's no trouble though, just something I need to bear in mind. Crunch on.

ALL
    If you are watching the port 8000 stats and you notice some members stats dropping, please do not assume they have reduced there participation.

Some resources need to be shifted to ports 4000 and 5000 to even things up a bit.

Great work everyone, port 8000 is at nearly 600k now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PCZ View Post
    All your primes belong to me.
    PCZ you must have a hole in your pocket I found a few primes laying around

Free-DC's Prime Search
    If NPLB decides to add to the stats all manual work done so far I expect that, although Free-DC has a lot of work done by me and Beyond, Free-DC won't take 1st place by the end of the month.

Carlos

Offline work will not be included in the online stats system.
    It will be imported into the database to make it complete, and to make sure we don't miss anything.

Offline and Online is like Apples and Oranges.

There should be a combined offline+online per user totals, with it's own stats tables.

When it comes to the online Server processing and stats that we have now, it should stay the same.

Besides, if we were to catch up to their offline totals, the next thing you know they would want to start adding up sieving credits to.

Free-DC's Prime Search
    I know but they still have more sieve points than Free-DC. Anyway, they are doing something I said more than one year ago. I am always right...lol Back to cleaning my room!

Carlos

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by em99010pepe View Post
    If NPLB decides to add to the stats all manual work done so far I expect that, although Free-DC has a lot of work done by me and Beyond, Free-DC won't take 1st place by the end of the month.

Carlos
    I don't understand Free-DC is due to take 1st in 37 days and we are just getting started
    Why so negative

IB
    I see you about to get -ed by vaughan Don't fret I will for you

Lauren

Not all the work that is done on the NPLB project is visible in the stats at the moment.
    The automated work that most are doing on the LLRNET servers is.

It has been proposed that credit be given for work done manually.
    This is a valid request, work is work after all.

However the timing of this is well off as Free-DC has a head of steam up and are focused on an overtake in a month or so.

Not too worry though the additional credit will not be given for quite some time, so we can go ahead and overtake them, build up a lead. and then we wont care if they get a few points added.

IB
    Personally i think if the project wants to include sieving credit we should support that proposal.
    We have done a fair bit recently

Blog Entries
    I see I guess I did not fully understand em99010pepe post

Quote Originally Posted by alpha View Post
    Hmm. Looking at a console as the client works, it looks like it sends each result straight after the work unit finishes, and immediately replenishes the cache. So it keeps a constantly full cache, rather than running it dry and then filling it up again.
    Yes the caching sucks, it queues up 10 WUs but it is only really useful if you lose your network connection temporarily, it always uploads results immediately and downloads a new WU when done as well so doesn't save any bandwidth.

Gotcha. The cache protects you from network outages, which is a good thing at least.