Thread: Stats Issues

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yavanius View Post
    I've noticed something odd. I keep going up and down in the team stats and there is nobody near me overtaking me. The few people immediately above me are inactive (0 recent credit). I went from 102 yesterday to 104 today. It's been doing this at least the last week. According to BS, I'm at #99. I just hit 100 on Wednesday or Thursday. So whatever is affecting the positioning here seems to be independent of the actual stats... Could it be there are some people FDC isn't registering right so they are disappearing off the charts periodically??

P.S. I just refreshed the stats. I'm at 103 now yet it says I'm down >2<... Are you using the Enron calculation module?
    Links links links....

Could be any number of reasons, I calculate a users 'overall' team as that team where they are on that the 'most'. So if they have 100 projects and have 40xteam A, 39xteam B and 21xTeam C their overall team would be team A

but I'd need to see it, so give me some links and I'll check.

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    Links links links....

Could be any number of reasons, I calculate a users 'overall' team as that team where they are on that the 'most'. So if they have 100 projects and have 40xteam A, 39xteam B and 21xTeam C their overall team would be team A

but I'd need to see it, so give me some links and I'll check.
    Dropped to 99 today rising 4 from yesterday matching BS.

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...c0e3b65ac118ba

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...b&team=Free-DC

I'm not on multiple teams though. I'm long past the phase of any transition issues and I haven't modified anything since last week. (I know combining computers wreaks some havoc on stats.) It's not just me though because the people above and below me are moving up and down alongside me too like there are people moving in and out of the team in the upper ranks. I did a quick and dirty check against Top 100 on BS team list and there were a few names shifted downward on Free-DC stats.

Also if I went from 102 to 104 and back down to 103, how is that a net of -2? It should either be -1 from the main update or +1 since the incremental update.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    looks like there is a discrepancy between the two databases (I flip flop between two). Most likely it's caused by old rogue user rows on some projects. It'll take some time to clean up.

FWIW I do not do incremental updates...

I think the discrepancies made it look like there were incremental updates...

looks like there is a discrepancy between the two databases (I flip flop between two). Most likely it's caused by old rogue user rows on some projects. It'll take some time to clean up.

Looks like you may have done some work. When I checked today, my rank matched the BS rank exactly. I only checked twice, so I can't be positive it's all good, but it's looking good.

EDIT: Okay, maybe not. Earlier today it showed me at 102 down 2. Then later in the day it showed me 100 down 2. Then after the brief outage just shortly ago, it's showing 99 down 2.
    Last edited by Yavanius; 06-21-2015 at 04:39 PM.