Thread: New Projects

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    Let the users decide what they want to run, they can make their own decisions after all - who are you or we to 'police' this. My policy is to display the stats not pick and choose which ones I feel are correct and should be included. I do not condone an 'overseer' approach. If we start down that path, then where does it end... ?
    +1

Stat sites should be completely neutral. Publish everything, and let the users decide. After all, it is up to the users to decide what is "worthwhile". The definition of that word is different for each person.

Blog Entries

Rephrased?????

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    +1

Stat sites should be completely neutral. Publish everything, and let the users decide. After all, it is up to the users to decide what is "worthwhile". The definition of that word is different for each person.
    May I ask if reversing that is equally valid? Let the users (Free-DC membership) decide (perhaps a poll?) and let it land where it lands UNLESS there is a resource and/or technical limit that Bok could inform us of?

If I interpret your '+1' as a vote in the 'Pro' column, then aren't you voting, hence invalidating your own statement? Free-DC, to me, is a team. A TOP-KNOTCH Team with, imho, the best stats in all of DC-land. But, we are a team that competes in projects with others all to advance whatever we are working on. The 'stats' are our instant gratification and metric as to how good we really are in what we do and how/where we have to improve.

I'm not trying to provoke an argument, but may I ask you to consider:

a) we check out the details of the project, even with a test user or two.
    b) report and vote whether to participate or not.
    c) Let the decision to participate / membership support decide if stats are desired/needed.

C

A FDC in training, fellow supporter of Firefox.

Proudly crunching with AMD & ATI power.
    If you want The Best you must forget the Rest
    >>>>>>>>>and join Free-DC<<<<<<<<<<<

Hi Chuck,

I think you may be combining two separate issues: Team vs. stats.

I am talking about stat sites in general. I believe they should be completely neutral. Just my opinion. Of course, they are free to do whatever they choose.

As for team stat sites, of course, the team should decide. Not us non-team members.

To be clear, I am not a member of this team, and neither is Saenger.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Hi Chuck,

I think you may be combining two separate issues: Team vs. stats.

I am talking about stat sites in general. I believe they should be completely neutral. Just my opinion. Of course, they are free to do whatever they choose.

As for team stat sites, of course, the team should decide. Not us non-team members.

To be clear, I am not a member of this team, and neither is Saenger.
    Z,
    Thanks for pointing that out... I was on the edge as to which way to read it.

I agree with Bok (back a few posts) and with the addition by Lauren.

Thanks for the time and have a good one. All is cool & understood here now.

Please consider my previous post as 'clarified' and pushed into appropriate context.
    (it's getting late here and I didn't quite say what I wanted to say).

C.
    Last edited by Chuck; 11-17-2009 at 01:13 AM. Reason: time to re-read comment

A FDC in training, fellow supporter of Firefox.

Proudly crunching with AMD & ATI power.
    If you want The Best you must forget the Rest
    >>>>>>>>>and join Free-DC<<<<<<<<<<<